IUD?

I got the Mirena IUD after my baby was born and it hurt badly for the first 6 months. It was terribly uncomfortable for a while and I never stopped getting my cycle. Then about 7 months after I was being intimate and it feel out. Now I'm afraid I won't be able to have anymore babies. Has anyone ever had this happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Health

• I would call a doctor. I have heard about this, but I am pretty sure that you will still be able to have babies if it fell out. I personally had one as well (now I have the paragaurd) and never had any issues, everyone is different though.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:51 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• It wasn't place properly in the first place. I had the Paraguard, and I had only slight cramping that day other than that, never even had to think about it. Call the doctor...maybe a different one. But if you get another one, you can check yourself to make sure that the strings are there, which is a good sign that it's in place. You probably shouldn't have waited so long though, it can attach itself to your uterus lining and cause damage. CALL YOUR DOCTOR NOW!!!!
    Anonymous