2/3 of African-American children have no father living in the home.

Why do you think this is? Cultural, societal, financial? It makes me very sad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• that is very sad.. I dont know why
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• My white son has no father living at home with him. Cultural, Societal or financial? Hmm...I think it's just because he is a deadbeat.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:58 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Ditto bradenismyson.

I think all races have this problem. Why not include the other statistics???
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 12:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• i think its the same thing everywhere... i dont think it matters what you are or where you are from
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 12:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I don't understand what this has to do with being African America. Sorry, but I feel just as sad for children who are Hispanic, White, Asian, Indian, etc. who do not have a father living in the home.

By the way, my African American son has his African American father living at home.
    Anonymous

• According to the US Census Bureau: rates of single African American female parents are 65% (2/3), whites 25% and Hispanics 35%.

http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/cb95-186.html

It is indeed and anomaly.
    Anonymous

• According to what I read here at CM, the caucasions(whites) are catching up....way too many teens and unwed Moms who post here. And they don't seem to think it is any big deal to be an unwed Mom. .
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Do you know that there are WAY more whites than blacks in the United States? So just because there is a larger percentage does not mean that there are more blacks than whites without fathers living in the home. Just sayin'..
    Anonymous

• OMG a deadbeat is a deadbeat no matter what color he is ..get a life...my kids father is in their lives a strong BLACK MAN who works everyday dont smoke drink or anything his way of having fun is the playstation 3 and playing it with the kids ...needless to say not all BLACK men are losers thank you...this question is rude

Anonymous

• I think it's cultural. There are many black culture (black instead of African American because they're in places other than Africa) where the burden of child rearing is solely places on the mother. Depending on how long they've been in America this could play a part. I don't think that economics or our society has much to do with it because Mexicans are in the same boat and their numbers are only at 35%. It's very sad either way.
    Anonymous