Why all the hate towards WAHMs??

I am rather new to this site. I am also a full time Work at Home, Home Business owning mother. Last year I earned just under $200K with my home business...

Last week I answered a question in this section about working from home. When I logged back in today there was a very nasty message from the poster of that question saying she didn't need advice from poor white trash moms... She went on to say that she "knows" all home based businesses are really scams and I had no business answering questions since I was little more than a scam artist...

Why is there all this hate towards home businesses? There are many that are legit... I work hard, but earn more than I ever dreamed... I know it's possible! I don't understand why there is all this hate...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• Ignorant people say ignorant things. There are plenty of people on this site that like to shoot their mouths off without knowing the facts. Not worth wasting your time on. It seems that you have figured out how to run a successful person. There are plenty of us that would like to know how.
    Anonymous

• Because alot of WAH scams are posted on this site...

and It does seem like you are bragging a little too much... If its true, that is something to be proud of ( make 200k ) ....but saying things like, you earn more than you could ever dream........ does sound "scamish"
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I don't think there is hate. I think there are TOO many ladies posting "I need to work at home" posts without reading the 50 other EXACT same posts asked here DAILY. And, well the same 5-10 ladies reply to those 50 posts with the exact same answers....most of which are ADS for their opportunity. Not because they wish to honestly help the OP's but because they want to recruit and earn money off the OP's!

Some people may get tireed of seeing the same ads and recruiting over and over and eventualy take it out on them....and others may just be bitches with nothing better to do than be rude as sin. =)
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I work at home, its not a home based business, I telecommute for a small firm. I will say that your wording leads people to believe you are recruiting or something...you sound like a scam, whether you are or not I don't know, just saying.
    Anonymous

• There are a LOT of WAH scams, and it is hard not to be skeptical, especially when the results claimed seem too good to be true. The poster may have been burned by one of those scams and is taking it out on you. If you stay on this site long enough you will see the same work from home businesses repeatedly mentioned, and many of the people posting about them do not present themselves in a professional way.

Anonymous

• people dont like to put time and effort into them.. i worked with one company and it didnt work for me but my friends do very well in it.. i just recently started a new business and its going great..i made money my first week.. but i also work a job at home too.. luckily the one im with now there are only like 5 of us here and we all know it other..but there are companies that have 1000s of women posting the same thing.. but thats also why i dont ad on someones post i just say i work at home and if they want info to email me..im not gana write a minute minute full page add without the details of the job in it like most of them do..
    Anonymous

• Most of them are scams or require more investment then you get in actual return...that's why.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 12:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Because some people are just rude and aren't happy with their own lives and like to talk bad about others. I've had Moms post nasty comments after I've posted. People don't realize that there are some very good home businesses out there. I just ignore them. All that matters is that I'm making money with my home business, and I'm happy. Let those Negative Nancy's be bitter.
    Anonymous

• One word: cashcrate.
    Anonymous

• I agree, Negative Nancy's. I am more interested in how you did it. I would love to be a WAHM.
    Romamama

Answer by Romamama at 2:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2010