I guess this is more of a complaint ( but open to advice)

So my new friend and her son came over to visit..( her son is almost 2, just a few months older than mine). Our sons usually get along ok, exceot for the usual toy fight. Well today ( and the last time she brought him over) they didnt play good together, and today when my son was standing on his riding toy, he went and pushed him off of it, and made my son smack his head off of the tv stand. So while I was trying to comfort him, her son kept trying to smack him again ( he was laughing and thought it was funny, which I know most kids that age would) ...but she was sitting there on her phone and didnt do a thing, so I NO! THATS NOT NICE! , he still kept doing it and she still didnt do anything. So I made him sit down, well he then took his fist and smacked my lamp off of the table and broke it. After that I was like, Can you get your son !?! THEN she got mad, and basically stormed out. I am not sorry to see her go, but *continue

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 12:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Did I really act that wrong in that situation ?

Not only that but like 20 mintues after she left I seen she posted a message on facebook saying " Maybe some people should watch their own kids, not mine"
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:00 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I think you were in the right, it drives me nuts when mothers talk on there phones instead of watching there kids.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• She needs to understand you side..so go tell her
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• You were in the right, I would have done the same thing you did.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• KICK HER TO THE CURB...
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 1:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Gril she is lucky that you didn't say more earlyer! Good ridance to her!
    You did good mama don't worry about it, we have to protect our babies even if it upsets those that choose not take care of theirs!

*HUGS
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 1:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• You were right, she should have handled her son in a proper manner.

I lost alot of friends because of kids, or completely avoided playdates and we still chatted.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• She seems to be not such a great friend.

If that were my child and I were at your house, the second my son did that I'd put my child in time out, and go make sure your child was okay. I would explain to my child what he did was wrong, why, and how it made his friend feel.

I would be embarrassed if my son then broke my friends lamp. I'd buy her a new one. It seems to be a reflection of her parenting style.

Seems she's neglected to acknowledge how you or your child felt. That is not a good friend. To top it off she had the nerve to be offended, and share that on facebook. It'd be funny to share how bad a parent she is on her page, and then delete her from your friends.

Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 1:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Yeah, I agree with one other poster, you should tell her your side. Maybe she was so involved in the conversation on the phone she wasn't paying attention to what was going on. She was very rude.But if you don't feel like explaining yourself or making a mends, chalk it up as a lost friendship..maybe for the better!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• You were in the right, you were defending your son. I wouldn't let the friendship end over it though, i would kindly talk to her about it so she can see where your coming from
    dkej242

Answer by dkej242 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2010