VBAC and info please

I was just wondering where I can get good information on VBAC. I felt very pressured with my first child to have a c-section that I didn't think(and still don't) was necessary. It was after a perfectly healthy pregnancy. No high blood pressure, no excessive weight gain, no spotting, no diabetes, nothing except for they told me I had to be induced because she was a week past her due date. The in-hospital pedi told me that she thought my daughter was just barely 40wks when she was born. I also wanted to know where I can get info on alternative options for giving birth. I still want to have it in the hospital because of the complications from having a c-section, but I want to be able to walk around, I don't want to be hooked up to monitors all the time and so on. I'm not pregnant now but I plan to start trying with in the next year or so and want to have more control over my next pregnancy. Thank you:-)

AutumnsMom31309

Asked by AutumnsMom31309 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• There are actuallly more risks in repeat C-sections. I had a VBAC this last September, the best birth I ever had. My C-Setion, I feel also, was not needed. Doctors these days do it more out convenience. You should just have to make sure your cut and everything healed right. I recommend reading the book Birthing from Within. Very helpful, it helped me so much with this last birth. You could have a midwife at the hospital with you, I know the doctors will probably pressure you to have another C-section. I had my last at home, so much more comfortable to be in your own environment. Good luck to you.
    Sacheen.T.

Answer by Sacheen.T. at 1:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• sorry if this is the wrong section:-)
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• This site is FULL of really promising information about VBAC's after one, two, three and even four previous c-sections.

Good luck mama! I hope you get yours!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• With a planned c-section it is much easier, you have a spinal and they do everything in less than an hour, vbacs carry a risk to babies. I know a lot of women will disagree and bash my answer, but a doctor will tell you all the risks involved in a vbac to you and your baby.
    Anonymous

• Aaaaand, I forgot to post the site.

http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/CSANDVBAC/vbac_after_2_cs.htm#VBAC%20after%20Multiple%20Previous%20C/S%20Success%20Rates
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:46 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• It wasn't an emergency c-section, the inducing didn't work and they tried twice. I went to bed and the next day they did the c-section. I know that there are risks but I had heard somewhere that they aren't that high. They did a spinal and everything.
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 1:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• The risks might not be high, but when death of a baby is one of them is it really worth it?
    Anonymous

• The baby and the mother could die from having a c-section. That much I know, I had to sign papers saying that they doctor wasn't liable. Since I have the option to do a VBAC I want to look into it just like I want to have more say in what happens next pregnancy.
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I have friend that have had vbacs and everything was fine for them. I opted for a planned csection, it was a lot easier than my first emergency one, It only took 45 minutes, all I was hooked up to was the iv nothing else. It is a personal decision you should talk to about with your doctor, so you can have an informed decision not just other people's opinions. good luck
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 2:00 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Join VBAC moms group on here! Yay for you for wanting a normal birth. Screw repeat c/s....there are so many more risks to the c/s than the chance of anything happening during a Vbac.
    Anonymous