Where are your kid's toys?

I have a single bin with my son's fave toys. He is almost two and he has only about 5 toys. Should I buy more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would not buy a lot of toys. All you would do is add to the mess that is going to come. My kids have lots of toys and they probably only play with 5 regularly. You need to get some things if you don't have them for development, things like blocks, strining beads, playdo, and board games. He is getting old enough for board games. There is Yatzee Jr., boggle jr and candy land that my 2 year old plays. The more toys that they have the more overwhelming it is to them.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 2:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• ? Ya think? He doesn't get bored?
    Anonymous

• If you have money I would buy more, but if that is all you can afford no. Two year olds usually love puzzles and books, I think kids (including mine) have way to many toys. I try to buy learning things instead.
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 2:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Well, for my 10 year old son all his toys are in his own bedroom,he has 2 closets,one for clothes and the other for toys.He has baskets and shelves in there. Now for my 13 month old..she's a lucky lil one because I babysit in my home and so I have A TON of toys.I have the dining room turned into a playroom.There is a chest in there with drawers that I keep toys in that I don't want her to play with all the time,I take them out once in awhile so they are "new" to her again,I have a shelf that is just for books,a toy box filled with "soft toys" And two other shelves filled with baskets and containers for toys.Some days I feel like I'm in a toy factory and would love to toss them all outside! lol. But hey, she (and all the other kids that come over) have a blast.
    Getting more toys is up to you, it doesnt necessarily have to be a "toy" to play with,tupperwear,boxes,pillows,other household stuff works too! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• we have his room full plus half our livingroom.. my son is 2-1/2 and i think we went overboard - I have reasons but its still excessive now.. he plays with maybe 1/2 of them. I am going to start taking some of the one's he doesn't play with away and see if he noitces then garage sale them.. he LOVES his cars.. they are his favorite.. but then again ,he also likes the papertowel roll when the paper towel is gone so you don't have to BUY toys.. you can have some around your house..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I guess it depends on what the 5 toys are, what interests your son, and if you can afford more.

We have some big toys like a play kitchen and a tent that stay out all the time, but most of my toddlers toys are in clear plastic bins with lids. We keep them in the closet and get out one or two bins at a time. The bins each contain a certain type of toys - cars, dolls and accessories, dress-up, puzzles, blocks, etc. I have two toddlers, and we have a lot of toys, just not a lot of toys out at one time.
    Anonymous