postpartum bleeding

okay i had my daughter 5 weeks ago. My bleeding stopped at like week 2 and was just brown from week 3 till now, well the past two days i have had nothing at all. Why is that and is it normal? Does that mean my bleeding is done and i don't need to wear pads anymore? Also i started my birth control on Monday. would that cause this also? When should i start my period i formula feed

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The bleeding stopped. Your period could start anytime, it's different for everyone.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• No, no, no! Don't stop wearing pads!!!

After my first baby, I bled for about 4 weeks then it seemed to stop. I stopped wearing pads and a few days later BLAM! I was bleeding heavily again. I got so scared that I went to the emergency room thinking I was hemorrhaging but I wasn't.
    It's totally normal to stop for a while then start again.

I was prepared with my second baby for the same thing.
    A few weeks of bleeding, a week or so of nothing, then another two weeks of bleeding again.

You could start your period at any time since you are FF. I'd at least keep a panty liner on for a while until you're sure the bleeding has stopped for good.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:13 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Ugh...The fun part of having a baby! Yikes!

I breastfed so my bleeding plus light discharge lasted me for 4 weeks total. At week 3, I did think it was stopping then I started bleeding like a heavy period again and it finally tapered off a week later. Then I stopped and never started my period again for another eight months. Every woman is different.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Normal. Def still wear some kind of pad though... even if it's a pantyliner. Keep an eye out for any pink/red dischage b/c it IS possible to hemmorhage.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 2:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2010