Why can't I stop eating when I am full/satisfied?

I have always eaten til I was so sick full and I am not 45 lbs overweight and want so badly to lose weight. I just stopped drinking soda 3 weeks ago, I stopped smoking 6 months ago.. I know my metabolism will be messed up for a bit but i can't stop craving food and eat myself sick,... gross

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i do that when im anxious i have to literally talk myself into stopping or ask my husband to put away the food cause i could eat non stop
    Anonymous

• when you quit smoking, you usually gain weight.
    Anonymous

• because it's too good. dont' beat yourself up! Just keep working at it, I do the same thing! been trying to diet AGAIN for the past 3 weeks and I found myself crossing over to the dark side yesterday and had a soda, I guess moderation is the key, you could do it!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:21 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• i think all women do this, i know i do

stock your house with nothing but healthy foods.

though i know when i do this i order pizza, lmao

good luck i am so sorry it SUCKS
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Try subing foods. fries? Try sweet potato fries. chips? Try sun chips. big fat burger? Try 1/2 turkey 1/2 lean beef on a wheat bun Apple pie? baked apples with a granola crumb topping.Try to ask your self beofore you eat if you are really hungry or just bored. Boredom is the number one cause of eating unnecessarily. When you eat eat slowly. Fill up on the veggies first them move to the meat and then the starch. Have a piece of fruit about a half hour before a meal. Set meal times and stick tot them none in between. Fis your plate wit very small helpings so you can go back for seconds. (It's a mind trick- but it works) Remember anything less is still less. so even if you go to McDonald's and always geta big Mac and large fired and a large coke and you got a small fries and a med. 1/2 swt half un swt tea that is still bad but better than your norm. It's okay to cheat a little! It's okay to have a bad day.
    Anonymous

• Order pizza- go ahead but eat your fruit 30 min before it arrives and have a salad first then start at the pizza.
    Anonymous