If you are a Christian, did you have sex before you were married?

...and while you were a Christian? My mom has a theory that more do than are willing to admit. Just curious to see if it's true.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Your question has me puzzled. What does it matter if a Christian had sex before marriage? Because in the bible it says not to? If you're a Christian, do you ever envy anyone? Do you ever tell a lie, even a "white lie"? Both of those are sins according to the bible, so that's just as bad as having sex before marriage.

But, to answer your question, yes, I had sex before marriage, was/is a Christian and am not ashamed to admit it.
    Anonymous

• well yeah, I had to try the shoe on to make sure it fit!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• No, both dh and I waited until our wedding night. God designed sex for marriage. We wanted to be able to fully gives ourselves to our spouse.

But, as the 1st anon. poster pointed out, if a Christian did not wait it is just like lying or whatever sin in God's eyes. No sin is greater than another. It doesn't make a person any less of a Christian if they did not wait, just as it doesn't make them less of a Christian for lying, cheating, envy, etc.
    Anonymous

• OP here--to the first anon, just wanted to clarify that I was pregnant when I got married and I've been a Christian my whole life :) But, to expand on why I asked the question, a LOT of christian couples in our family and close to me who claimed they had waited, 'fessed up when they found out I was pregnant. They just never got "found out" for it. That is why I asked the question, people aren't usualy willing to confess until someone else gets "found out". Does that make sense?
    Anonymous

• yes,..i was 3 months pregnant when i married my dh..but my hubby was my first, so technically i guess i saved myself for marriage....i didn't give it up to just anyone, i dumped guys bc of that very reason. lol..everyone makes mistakes, good or bad, and those mistakes can be forgiven..
    Anonymous

• oo, and btw, i'm very happy about the decision i made..and aside from that, if we hadn't have gotten married when we did, and had our dd neither one of us think we would be together today..but we have undying love for each other and wouldn't change a thing..just needed to clarify before someone took it too far, and blew it out of proportion with all the nasty answers i've read today.
    Anonymous

• I'm a Jew and had sex before marriage. But I guess that doesn't count.
    Anonymous

• No, I didn't, and I wish I had. DH was my first and only, and we knew when we started that we were going to get married but I wish I could tell our daughter that we had waited. We could tell her that we waited until we were sure that it was the one we were going to spend the rest of our lives with, but a 16 year old girl is usually convinced that she and her boyfriend are going to get married and live happily ever after.

I wish I would have set that example for her.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I had sex before marriage (with more than one partner). I was young and I was raised Christian but I don't think I woul say I actually had a relationship with God at that point in my life. I knew it was wrong yet I didn't want to "give up" that part of my life. I truly believe that even though I have now asked for forgiveness since becoming born-again the choices I made in my past still have an impact on my relationship with my husband (jealousy for example). If you have pre-marital sex you have sinned and are commanded by God to ask for forgiveness if you are in fact born-again (whether you were or weren't at the time the sin occured) and make every effort not to commit the sin again...that's not to say that people don't fall again but there is always forgiveness from the Father when you come to Him and ask for forgiveness (and mean it!). It's not my place to judge anyone, we make our own choices and pay the consequences
    aubB06

Answer by aubB06 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Yes, I did. I had been married before, when I had waited and wish I had waited this time but because I knew what I was missing it was MUCH harder than when I had never had sex and just wondered what it was like.

Answer by missanc at 6:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2010