Is this suppose to happen when you change a babies milk?

My son is going to be a year old in April and I just changed his milk maybe 2 weeks ago. I was told that it could constipate him but how can I make it so it doesnt constipate him? Hes happy with the milk, but Im not happy with what its doing to him. I've been using Corn Syrup but it isnt doing much. Any remedies for constipation?

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it will take his body a little while to get used to it... my son took a few weeks to adjust.. try pear juice it worked for us
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 2:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Fiber.
    Feed him whole wheat oatmeal. Gerber sells it.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• when we switched formula, the doctor said to give the baby prune juice. Gerber has their own brand of it in the baby aisle. its been working for us.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• My kids never got constipated.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• If he DOES get constipated, maybe cow's milk isn't the way to go. My ds, he's 2 1/2 can't have any dairy otherwise he won't go, and when he does, it IS semi dry, and hard as a rock. I switched him to rice and almond milk, and increased his fiber, as well as a Benefiber supplement 2X a day (recommended by pedi) and the combination has him pooping normally again.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• ALSO, Karo syrup is NOT recommended for babies, as it carries a risk of botulism poisoning. Their website specifies this. Not sure it it is one year or two years that the risk drops.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Don't give him milk. Human children don't need to drink cow's milk.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Answered at 3:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 by: Gailll
    Don't give him milk. Human children don't need to drink cow's milk.

What? where do you get this information from? I have never heard this at all!!!

I would say ask your doctor and see what he says about it.
    theladybugscafe

Answer by theladybugscafe at 10:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2010