has your child cut their own hair or siblings hair?

my 5 yr just chopped half of my 2yrs hair...really really short..im so mad and sad..she had it down to her butt

gothmama91

Asked by gothmama91 at 2:41 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, my four year daughter cut her hair a few months ago. I was upset but I also have been preparing myself for it. I have been waiting for this to happen just didn't know if it was going to be her or her older brother who did it. I almost felt bad for her because everybody kept telling her not to cut her hair again. You could see it in her face that she would never do it again because she was tired of people talking to her about it.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I did that to my younger sister when she was two and I was five.

My oldest daughter went on a cutting spree when she was in kindergarten. She cut her hair, her pom-poms, her blankets (like fringe all down one side), and some other stuff too.
    Anonymous

• Yep. My boys got into a drawer in my bathroom and found some scissors and cut a chunk out of one of their bangs.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

same here
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 2:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• yep can't remember how many times my kids did that when they were little. found chunks of hair on the floor on the couch...an they have given all of their dolls hair cuts...trust me it was bad but all of the hair on kids heads do grow back so don't worry...they just might look funny for awhile.
    Anonymous

• Almost 2 years ago my now 5 yr old had long beautiful hair that had bouncy curls at the bottom. I was in the shower and he got hold of daddy's beard trimmers and shaved off half his darn head of hair. I was traumatized. Now we keep his hair buzzed. I give up on trying to grow it back.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• yep.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• WHEN I WAS 5 ME AND MY SIS (TWINS ) LET OUR COUSIN (5 ALSO) CUT OUR HAIR WE BOTH HAD PIGTAILS SO SHE JUST CHOPPED STRAIGHT THROUGH THEM ,WHEN SHE GOT TO ME SHE HAD TO STOP BECAUSE SHE CUT MY EAR IN HALF .....SO ME AND MY SIS HAD TO GO TO SCHOOL WITH LITTLE AFRO'S (IM STILL EMBARRASSED WHEN I SEE PICTURES) .....YEP !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• My friend was babysitting my son and her daughter cut my sons and her sons hair. Her sons was not as bad as mine. We had to shave his head she had put a landing strip.

Then my son cut my dd's hair. It was in a way that it was hard to see that he had. We could see food on the high chair so we knew something had happened. They had been in the kitchen by themselves. We asked him what happened and since he said that he did not know we thought she had pulled her hair out. She was less than 2 yo. Finally days later I moved the trash can and found the hair. He had cut it and then hid it. It took a long time before it looked right again.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 3:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• No...thank the stars LOL.

The one time my 5 yr old got a hold of the scissors it was the kind used for pet grooming and he snipped 3 holes in his shirt.

Our regular use scissors are up on a top shelf in a cupboard...nowhere they can reach even if on a chair.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2010