Do you think it's smarter to just stay at having one child?

Do you think it's easier to just have one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Its easier to have one!
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 3:00 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Yes it's easier. However, I was raised an only child and although it was okay because I grew up with lots of family around my son does not have that. I don't want him to grow up alone and our nearest family is 600 miles away.
    Anonymous

• my ds is 4 and we are 99% sure he will be an only, it is what works for our family
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Of course it is easier.

Anonymous

• It's definitely different for each family. I grew up as #5 of 6 children. I know how hard it was being from a big family. I have one child who is 6-years-old, and I plan for her to be the only. I have lots of nieces and nephews that we are around A LOT, so she definitely isn't lonely. It works for us, but may not work for others.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 3:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I ask because were not sure if we should stay at having one or not. I'm trying to go through the pluses and the negitives, and it seems to me, that staying at one, is the overall smartest thing to do...
    Anonymous

• I am also debating whether to only have 1 child or not. I am the 1st of 4 I have two nephews that are around a lot... but at the end of the day they go home and my baby will be home alone. It’s going to be a hard decision! If I decide on baby #2 it will be in a year or two. I guess I am also scared that I will have another preemie... I was 7 mths prego when my baby was born.
    A.Garcia

Answer by A.Garcia at 3:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Not necessarily. If you have more then they can play together leaving you free to do other things and you don't have to entertain them all the time. Plus, I don't know about "smartest". Most people love their siblings very much and support one another throughout their entire lives. Is it "smart" to leave your child without that support and love?
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 3:23 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I think it would be very lonely to be an only child. Also when they get older and parents pass away the only child will have noone. I had so much fun as a child playing with cousins and having a large family. A lot of only children are spoiled and don't know how to share well.

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 3:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I dont think it would be easier at all.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2010