how do you make a 2 yr old keep her clothes on?

my dd will not wear clothes. seriously, i put her clothes back on at least 15 times a day. im not joking! we live in ohio and it's still chilly. i might give up if it was july but this has got to stop! she wont even keep her diaper on!

bestmommyeber

Asked by bestmommyeber at 3:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• For the most part it's a phase you'll have to deal with. Be thankful it's still chilly out and not the middle of Summer. There's a simple solution while you wait out the phase.

1) round up all your old 1 piece foot sleepers. it's OK to even use the ones she's outgrown

2) get a scissors and chop the feet off the the ankle

3) put them on her, backwards (zipper in the back)

By the time you're ready to put her in cute spring/summer clothes she'll have passed the phase after not being physically able to strip
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Why not start having a specific time in the day that's designated as "naked time" for her? That's what we do with my 3 year old. She loves to be nude, so in the evening, she gets about half an hour to run around naked.
    Anonymous

• I have the opposite problems. My son HATES having diaper off, its a chore to change him and he's 2 - 1/2 and won't let me take it off him to potty train him.. he also HAS to keep his socks on and most of the time his shoe's also which is leaving sore's on his feet from sweating but he screams bloody murder without his socks on..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• omg that is a great idea! best part is ive already cut the feet out of her old sleepers lol! i never thought to put them on backward!
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 7:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2010