do your boobs start leaking before or after you have baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Depends on the woman. Mine never leaked.
    Anonymous

• with my first pregnancy they didnt at all but with my second they started leaking at 7mts pregnant and got worse the sooner it got tiull delivery time
    Mommmy_To_3

Answer by Mommmy_To_3 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Both. Some women start before. Not all women do and that doesn't mean you will have any problems breastfeeding. With your first baby your milk will come in 3-5 days after the baby is born even if you don't breastfeed. When your placenta is 'born' hormones are sent to the brain telling the brain to make the milk hormones.

The 'dry up' medicines are too dangerous and women that don't breastfeed should not be given anything. It can take weeks or months for the milk to go away. It can be very painful and some women get breast infections.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:17 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I was leaking before with both of mine.(pregnancies...and boobs. lol)
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:17 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• i leaked after the baby was born
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:33 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• with my first pregnancy, I didn't leak until after I delivered. With my second...I started leaking 3 months before delivering...and hubby used to drink from me. He loved it. It was weird.
    Anonymous

• i was about 3 days before delivery, and I was induced at 38 wks.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:04 PM on Mar. 26, 2010