I was just wondering if anyone else is having morning (everyday) sickness after the 12th week?

I am now starting my 12th week. I thought I would start feeling better but it seems to be getting worse week by week. I am more tired today than I was the first month. I am also super sick and have to eat all the time or else I will get sick. Only thing that seems to calm my belly is ice cream. I joined Cafe Mom because I am the only one I know that is having a baby and feel a little lonely.

Novimomof3

Asked by Novimomof3 at 3:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am in that boat. I am 13 weeks today and I get sicker by the day. Only difference is NOTHING helps me, I barely eat because it makes it 10 times worse.
    It is very normal to have it longer than the 1st trimester. ( which ends at the end of the 13th week)
    If it is very harsh on you you can call your Dr for a perscription to help. I am so sorry you feel this way!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I had hyperemesis gravidum. It was HELL. I was sick EVERY day with Kaden. Go to your dr and BEG for dissolvable Zofran. It's the only thing that really helped. Some OTC things I can recommend are: Ginger Altoids, Preggy Pops, Gatorade and Saltines BEFORE getting out of bed, Ginger Ale, LIGHT/FREQUENT meals, and avoiding spicy foods.

Good Luck :)
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 3:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Thanks I am sorry your sick too. This is my 3rd pregnancy. I was sick for 7 months with my daughter and just a couple times with my son. I am now thinking this is a girl because of how awful I feel. Is this your first pregnancy? I am also a bit older with this one than I was with the first two. Maybe it's just my age that is keeping me tired.
    Novimomof3

Answer by Novimomof3 at 3:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Hopefully it's not the same for you as it was for me, but with my first pregnancy I was sick from the moment I got pregnant til the moment my morphine wore off after my c-section.

I was terrified to get pregnant again, but I did and my second one was a breeze.

Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Nope, this is number 3 as well.
    My son is 6 and my daughter is 11 months.
    I was 17 with my son and 22/23 with my daughter.
    I am 24 with this one.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Laila-May, I was the same way. I was super scared while pregnant with my son 2nd child but that pregnancy was sooo easy that I was crazy enough to do it again. However I did end up having a C-section with him and an easy labor with my daughter. I am hoping that you either get an easy pregnancy or an easy labor. That would mean that at least I am going to have an easy natural labor after all these months of feeling horrible.
    Novimomof3

Answer by Novimomof3 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• this is baby number 4 for me and i did not get sick with my first 3, but i threw up my first 20 weeks of pregnancy with this one. I tried Zofran, but it didnt help me. I had to go 2 times to the ER and get IV's with saline and IV potassium to replenish my electrolytes....You should ask your doctor for Zofran..i hear it helps most with the sickness. Good luck and i hope u feel better very soon.
    Anonymous

• Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I am not puking as much as I am running around all day feeling like I have the stomach flu. I really never take meds so I probably won't get an RX for anything. I am almost gaining too much weight because the feeling comes on when I am not completely full. So I have to eat 24/7. I don't eat sweets on a normal basis ever ever just because I am not a fan. Sweet things seem to work the best to keep my stomach full and happy. They took all the blood test last week and I am expecting a phone call any day now telling me my sugar is way too high and my iron is low. I more or less needed to vent because I don't really know any other pregnant people other than watching the post on this Cafe Mom.
    Novimomof3

Answer by Novimomof3 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I was sick up to about 18 weeks with this pregnancy..hang in there..hopefully things will slow down.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 3:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• With my first birth was the cure for my sickness, yep I felt terrible up until I had him.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 3:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2010