do you know the weight and length of your baby at 20 weeks?

my baby at 20 weeks is only 4.5 inches (which I heard they are normally 6.5) and she is 1lb 7 oz (and I read the average weight is about 10 oz).. The father and I are both thin people, but I was kinda thinking that my baby might be short and fat lol.. what do you think? and I was just wondering the weith and length of other babies at 20 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No, i don't remember but I did want to say that ultra sond measurements are never to be taken 100% they are always just a rough estimate.
    Congrats on the baby tho
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Wow! That sounds wayyyy off. babycenter.com or whattoexpect.com are good websites for pregnant mommies! They give measurements of what the baby should be at whatever point in your pregnancy you are.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• the measurements they do during ultrasounds are extremely inaccurate :) i only had 1 u/s, it was around 24 weeks, and their *guess* of my son's weight was 1 lb 11 oz which is about what the average is for 26 weeks. the other measurements they did were in line with about 24 weeks. like i said, it's just a guess =)

it could also be that they were measuring head to butt and what you were reading was about head to toe? idk what the averages are for diff measurements.
    Anonymous

• OP~ya I been on that site I know what the average should be, I research alot! lol I thought it was a lil big too thats why I asked this question...
    Anonymous

• They didn't give me her length but at almost 20 weeks she was 10 oz but they said she was measuring 3 days behind which she said was just fine..
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:41 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• at 22 weeks my baby weigh 1lb 1oz and just to let you know that not counting the legs its just the head and back area but i still think they are wrong and mine was measuring 2 days a head
    Anonymous