I am going to start giving my daughter milk, what milk would give her the most vitamins?

HannahsMommy406

Asked by HannahsMommy406 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Under 2, you MUST give her WHOLE milk for the fats. After 2, 2% is fine. I would go w/ a Step 2 formula vs. whole milk, if she will take it.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 3:23 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• when they are a year old they are supose to get whole milk
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 3:23 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Vitamin D,Whole Milk
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:23 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• whole milk is what you give them,
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Whole milk...BUT have the step 2 formula also.You can give it to her in the mornings with breakfast or something.I mix my daughter 2 oz milk and 2 oz formula...
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 3:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Babies under 12 months should not get any milk. Formula is modified cows milk. It was invented because cows milk kills babies and damages their organs. The organ damage may not show up for years.

After 12 months human babies don't need cows milk. For families that choose to feed their children dairy only 2 toddler size servings a day are recommended. Since toddlers like so many things with milk it can be hard to limit them to only 2 servings just with the foods they eat.

Toddlers, like everyone, should drink water. Milk can cause constipation, diarrhea, or other digestion problems. Toddlers can have problems with anemia and other dietary issues. The AAP is concerned that milk and juice drinking are part of what is causing obese kids that grow up to be obese adults.

Kids don't miss it. My children are adults and have never had a glass of milk in their lives.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• If cow's, whole is recommended after 12 mos to 24 mos, then 1% or 2% after that. You can also use rice milk or almond milk. We use all 3 around here. DD prefers cow's, and drinks either whole or 2% (though I'm trying to get her onto rice milk, as my friend with eczema said it got better when she removed dairy from her diet, and DD has bad eczema, and since she has a tree nut allergy, she can't have the almond milk), DH drinks ONLY WHOLE cow's milk, DS can't have dairy as when he does, he can't poop, so he drinks rice or almond milk, and I LOVE the almond milk. We've got A LOT of milk around here!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• i can't stomach the thought of my human baby drinking a cows milk. it's so controversial thesedays its ridiculous. ask your doctor i guess
    Anonymous

• I started out with fortified rice milk and then at about 15 months old started with whole milk just because dairy allergies and soy allergies run in my family. Vertually no one is allergic to rice, so rice milk is always a safe option.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• just normal cow milk. by the way cow mil only has vitamin d and calcium. so if you want your child getting all vitamins you might as well get her vitamins and give her water to drink
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2010