1 year old with weird symptoms....

my daughter is one and for about 2 weeks now has been having these symptoms... high fevers that come and go at random times....shell have one then once it breaks shell be perfectly fine....now she has diharrea and shell randomly get these red flush marks onher face, arms hands feet legs thighs and back.... its not heat rash, iyou cannot feel it at all. EXCEPT today she got welts on her cheeks that looked like thin lines and you could feel them. any ideas??? i took her to the er the other night bc her temp was 103.7 and sat there for about 6 hours before they called me in and i ended uphaving to leave because my SO had to go to work at 7 am in the morning....

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Could she be teething?
    My oldest had similar symptoms when he was getting his molars in.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• teething or possible food allergies. Talk to her doctor
    Amy_M

Answer by Amy_M at 3:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• i think she is getting a tooth in, but shes never had any problems with her other teeth shes gotten. and her fevers are always high. and the rash she is getting is all over her body.....i know when they teethe they sometimes get redness around their mouth from drooling so much but she doesnt drool ever.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Sounds like teething. I would'nt worry much but set up an appnt with dr. if you are still concerned.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• There is no reason to go to the ER until a fever gets up to 106 or over. A fever isn't high until it is 105. Fever isn't dangerous until 108. Here is info from Denver Children's hospital about home care, fevers, and when to go to the ER:

http://www.thechildrenshospital.org/wellness/at_home/fever/fever.aspx

She may have eczema. It can come and go quickly. It can get worse when a child is hot or has a fever. My toddler grandson was hopping all over the couch last night and plopping himself down and gave himself eczema all over his legs from being hot. Big red welts. When he cooled down on his trip home they went away. She may have sensitive skin that reacts easily.

She could be being exposed to more 'germs' from increased mobility, other people in her life, changes in her life, weaning, recent immunizations, or things you might not think of that she is fighting off and having low level infections.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Could be Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. Fevers don't usually accompany allergic reactions...nor do fevers that high usually accompany a tooth. It sounds viral to me. I'd take her to the doctor.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• My guess is roseola. It's a viral illness. No specific treatment, just trying to keep her comfortable. Google it, you'll see pics of it, and you can see if she looks like that. :)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• i would say its probably teething but i would still call her doctor and explain whats going on and see if the want to bring her in... i hate going to the er they suck... we were there for 5 hours the other day for them to not even check my son, give him a bottle of pedialyte and then send him home with no reason why he was sick... so basically i like taking my son to his doctor when something is wrong it just seems like they try to get to the core of the problem...
    babyowens081208

Answer by babyowens081208 at 7:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• My daughter had a high fever and then broke out in hives. The doctor said it can be an allergic reaction to the virus itself. Hives appear and reappear in different places and they are super itchy. Sound similar?
    mandelion8

Answer by mandelion8 at 8:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• 108 temp is WHEN it gets highest WTF
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 28, 2010