Are you celibate?! why did u choose to be? how long have u been celibate? and how old are you?

I am 16 ..I've been celibate for almost a yr now i think next month it will be a year,and i chose to be celibate because right now im just figuring myself out and focusing on me and my daughter.I dont think im ready for another sexual relationship anyway and when i am going to have sex or be with someone i want to know that I can make the right decisions to start a relationship with someone im going to have around my daughter ya know?

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 3:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was for 4 years. Then I met Dh and well ya LOL.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Does not having sex in a couple months count? LOL

I think you are to be commended for your maturity on the matter and seeing whats important right now.

I am not celibate, I dont think my hubby would like that much LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I was until I got married - religious reasons.

Good call though, watching out for your little girl in that way.
    Anonymous

• thanks guys..i already asked this question...the reason i really asked though,,is because a couple of my friends are making it seem done that i want to wait to have sex,since ive alreayd had sex,but they just dont get my point i guess
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 3:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Sounds like they dont understand and thats ok, just dont let peer pressure take you away from your goals and what you feel is best in your life right now.

I should have added in my first comment that if I wasnt married Id definately be celibate and ok with it. I went 2 yrs without it before meeting my hubby and I could totally do it again.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• No. i'm not.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I was until I got married at 22. Best choice I could have made. Good for you for putting your daughter first.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I hate it when girl's get that ' oh well, I did it once so...' idea in ther head. YOu have the RIGHT idea. By obtaining from sex from this point on you are NOT at risk for all the diseases out there. The diseases that are spread by that attitude. I know your reason is to find yourself(no pun intended) but there is so much more to this choice than that. Sex is a gift that should be given only to the most deserving person in your life. YOur husband or at LEAST you fiances. Just remember Oral sex spreads disease to. Protect your assets. YOur daughter deserves that!
    Anonymous

• i was with my husband when we first started dating for about 8 months...up until he asked me to move in and we started talking about marriage. I wanted to know he was serious about me
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I suppose you could say that I am right now.
    I am going through a divorce and my soon to be ex husband went out and started sleeping around about five seconds after we made the decision to split up.
    I am actively choosing NOT to have a sexual relationship with anyone until after our divorce is final and even then, I don't really see myself seeking anything out.
    I want to wait until it is with someone I trust and care deeply about. I didn't have that before with anyone in my past.

I think your friends are immature in comparison to you.
    You are making a well thought out, personal decision that takes courage and respect for yourself to make at such a young age.
    Just because you've had sex, doesn't mean you have to continue to.
    If it doesn't feel right, then don't do it.
    Good for you, you're setting a wonderful example for your daughter.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2010