Ive been with my boyfriend for 9 years and we have a 19 month old daughter. Im ready for marriage and we have talked about it a lot.. But it feels like its never going to happen.. I love him but I think im getting bored.

jnc10501

Asked by jnc10501 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• im sorry hun that suck that you feel that way ... im starting to feel the same way... but if its that important to you maybe sit him down and have a serious discussion about why you want it and if he wants it to maybe get a date set or talk to some friends that you trust and see what suggestions they might have...dont give up
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 4:17 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I would think being with someone for that long and having a child together is just about the same as being married. If youre getting bored with the relationship,maybe marriage isn't the best thing? You'll be in the same relationship..you'll just have a piece of notarized paper saying you are united.
    Maybe try to make your relationship a little more exciting with him,try some new things,see if things become a little less boring to you.Marriage takes a lot of hard work,you have a great opportunity now to find out if this is who you really want to be married to. It's better to find out now than after you get married...Divorces are way to expensive!
    Good Luck!!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• If you are bored with him why do you want to get married? Marriage doesn't really change anything if you are already living the "married life" so if you are thinking once you have a piece of paper you will be happier you are in for a surprise. I would make sure you know what you want before you get married.
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 4:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Why would you waist 9 years with a guy. After 2 years I would have been gone. Unless you where not ready for marriage early in your relationship. Give him an ultimatum. Marry me or go our separate ways.

Answer by louise2 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• then don't marry him, just move on
    Anonymous