Postpartum sex??

This is probably TMI but I am just over 6 weeks postpartum and tried to have sex with my "husband" last night and I couldn't because it felt wierd and kind of hurt, this happen to anyone else? Also any advice about how to make it more comfortable besides a pound of lube? lol

AddysMommie211

Asked by AddysMommie211 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• it did hurt me at first like it was the first time all over again so we just took it slow and after a week or 2 it was back to normal...lots of lube helped... take it slow and relax your expecting it to hurt
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 4:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I'd just wait a little bit longer, 6 weeks is the reccommended time, not the guaranteed. I'd give it a try in another week, and you still should have the lube handy! lol.
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I tried to be intimate with my hubby about 5 days after I had our son, and it was more mental for me than anything, I felt nasty and not pretty at all-we tried again a few days later and did feel the disconfort, it was like that a few more times after but it gradually went away and started feeling normal.
    Anonymous

• i am 5 months pp and it still hurts
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• i had my baby two months ago and we had sex at 4/5wks postpartum..i was scared that things would be horrible but they were not..i didnt have any discomfort at all just my nerves thinkin that it would..this was my first baby and i had a c section...good luck and i hope things get better for you
    Anonymous

• I agree, for me it hurt the first time but after that it was fine, lots of relaxing.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 4:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Ya you just kind of have to deal with it at first.... The initial part hurts like hell but your body gets used to it again. Just go real slow
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:21 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• It's normal for it to hurt at first (your body has been through major trauma there). Anyway, communicate openly with your hubby about what hurts more or less, and take things slow to stay as comfortable as you can.
    Anonymous