2 years 3 months Talking really well or normal?

She is clear as a bell. People understand 80 percent of what she says. She can hold a short conversation and answr a question with more than a yes or no. Last night she told me ' I be right back-Don't follow me!' and walked off to get into trouble. (lol) She also says things like 'Guess What Mommy! I gotta Monkey!' I'll say yeah I see and she will say 'YOu see it? It's my George Monkey.' I'll say Really? And she will say 'yeah, I like it' and then run off.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Normal to a little advanced.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Thats normal for a girl
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 4:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Min eis 2 years 5 months and just putting together complete sentences. I would say advanced compared to mine. I guess he is normal because the ped is not concerned with is development. We had a check up last week.
    Anonymous

• I think it's normal for a girl. I was talking in complete sentences when I was 18 months but my brother didn't talk until he was two and half. My 16 month old boy doesn't speak a lick of English but he'll talk to forever in his weird Chinese/Arabic/pig Latin language.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 4:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• i dont know it depends on the child my daughter is 2 1/2 and she can say over 150 words and most of them clearly a lot of her words are finished or you know what shes saying but its not close to the word. like flower, my daughter says flo flo. I've had her checked out by early intervention and they said she's normal. So it really depends of the child
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Well, that sounds a lot like my daughter. But everyone always comments how well she talks and how amazing it is that she can hold a conversation. But my 3 year old nephew can't talk nearly as much, he says things like.. if he wants to go higher on the swing "GO BIG" thats about all... Maybe we both have advanced daughters. I'd like to think so LOL
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 5:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• It isn't a girl vs. boy thing. My son could speak full sentences at 18 months and whole conversations at 2. So, Some boys can. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 6:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• my dd is just like that. people always tell me how well she talks. and when i tell her how old she is they look at me like am weird. she started to talk well at around 18 mts she is 3 now and preatty much has the speech of a 6 yr old. she is picking up this weird language now. she made it up. is annoying but she talks very well for her age
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:23 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• My first was just like that, too. In her nursery class at church they gave her a cookie to celebrate her third birthday when she turned two, and people really thought I was messing with them when I insisted she was turning two. I thought my second wouldn't be because she was slower to start, but now at 18 weeks she's starting to explode with language, so we'll see...
    Anonymous

• oops 18 months, not weeks
    Anonymous