I am not sure how the First Response Test works (6 days sooner)...Do you know?

I took two test today because it said I could know six days sooner. They both were positive. But I got a urine test done at a clinic today and she said that it was negative. She tested me because my at home test were both postive but then said I can't do a pregnancy test until after I miss my period. So I am confussed...
I have no idea what I am doing. Can anyone give me advice here?
Things I don't know..
If I got 2 positives does that mean I am pregnant even if the clinic test said no?
And what is considered my first day of a missed period? I am supposed to start on the 31st. So would the first day be the 1st then?

IzzeAddy

Asked by IzzeAddy at 4:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• For like, $20, you can go into the lab at the hospital and have blood drawn to test. That's the way I found out for sure.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Well, that is why I originally went to the clinic but the nurse told me their urine test was the same as a blood test. And she still said that I couldn't really take it until I missed my period because it wouldn't be able to detect anything. I left there more lost than I was going in.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 5:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• First Response just detects a very low level of pregnancy hormone. The test at the doctor's office must not be as sensitive. That is why it reads negative while the First Response reads positive. You are likely pregnant, but very very early. If you want info on how tests work, check out the site www.peeonastick.com. HTH!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Those First Respond Tests work. I used them twice and they came out positive. Thats the brand I always use when I have a scare lol
    Anonymous

• That is what I took! And it was 6 days sooner than my missed period and it showed up positive right away. So be excited. Congradulations to you!!
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 8:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2010