is it ok to travel at 35 weeks by car from illinois to ohio?

iluvualwayz18

Asked by iluvualwayz18 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No bc at that point in pregnancy you can go any time. I know I have 4 kids 2 came early without warning.
    indigo645

Answer by indigo645 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• as long as your not having any problems and you get the okay from your doctor, i dont see the problem
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Ask your doctor. We have no idea what your health situation is what recommendations they have given you. Give your doctor a call and ask.
    Anonymous

• also, some insurance won't pay if you do go into labor, if you travel and don't have approval from your dr when you are that far along.
    Anonymous

• I personally wouldn't but not because it's "not safe." It's not like you are endangering your baby's life by traveling.

The reason I wouldn't is because I would be very upset if a doctor who I didn't know had to deliver me. At least with my midwife I know all the other doctors and midwives that would deliver me in the event that my midwife couldn't. Like 6 people would have to be unable to get to the birth for me to have to be delivered by a stranger.

It's totally up to you. If you do go I would ask your doctor for the name and number of a doctor or midwife in Ohio that you could call if there was an issue.

And if you have PPO insurance there is NO REASON to worry!
    Anonymous

• Why are you going, and for how long? Really that's about a 5 hour drive, so not a big deal imo. It really depends on the length of the trip.
    Anonymous

• i traveled from santa barbara to san diego(only about 4 hours) at that point w my daughter, and it was fine. but i knew where the hospital was at down there just in case, and i ran it by my doctor and he had no objections.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 8:33 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• sure! i traveled from germany to chicago at that point in pregnancy.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:05 AM on Mar. 27, 2010