oxygen

I am having my 1st tank(s) of oxygen delivered tomorrow morning ... suggestions on how to either explain it to my kids or try and hide it? They worry alot, especially my almost 5 1/2 yr old. Are there any kid books on something like that?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 5:17 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Health

• I would tell them the truth, sugar coat it and put it into words they can understand. Tell them teh oxygen is to help you breathe better because you [reason you need it]. I'm sure if they are worried or observant, they already know you have been sick and will maybe even be relieved you are getting "medicine" that will help you feel better. You can let them see the tubes and even try it on if you think it's ok. Also teach them if they need to know any dangers that go with it, or if you are in danger of needing emergency attention, teach them what to do and what to say when calling 911 for you.. I'd make these two separate conversations, probably do the 911 prep before the tank arrives, you could also give them advance notice that it is coming, it'll help them feel familiar with it by knowing it's going to be there.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 5:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2010