Miscarriage?

About 4 weeks ago my spouse and I had unprotected sex (we are not trying to conceive, but thinking about it). I should have started my period 2 weeks ago, but didn't. I took 2 pregnancy tests last week, both negative. I thought maybe it was still too early for a positive? I started to have a few symptoms of pregnancy, like tender breats & fatigue. Last night, before bed, I started bleeding. Well, not exactly bleeding, it was a light pink mucusy thing. I thought it was strange and this morning the bleeding got a little heavier. So I thought, oh maybe my period is starting. This afternoon though I had a large clot like discharge and it kind of looked like a little tiny form of a baby starting and it was attached to a small round type of clot. I used something to touch them to see if they were mucusy, but they were hard! I thought miscarriage, but just took another test & it's still negative! Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you took that many test and they all came back neg.. I would think maybe the clots were b/c u were late? I have always had clots with my periods so that would be nothing out of the norm for me... tender breast and tiredness can all be part of your period to... gl
    Anonymous

• I agree with pp. But I get clots, too, when I'm late starting.
    Keep your chin up girlie. GL
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I am going to be the odd one out here and say it sounds like you had a miscarriage... I dont think they read all of it or something... Maybe I am wrong but having had a miscarriage that is what it sounds like to me. Unless your periods are normally abnormal or late. But the "hard thing" attached to the clot could have been a baby attached to the placenta.... I would call your doc and ask, and see if you need to go in and see him, because if you didn't pass all of it that could lead to a serious internal infection and mess with you getting pregnant again. Women get false negatives, I have never heard of passing anything like that normally. Get it checked out.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 9:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2010