why do people that believe in god try so damn hard to convert people who dont

MOST of the time once one person mind is made up about not believing in god its very hard to change why to people who belive in him try so damn hard to change their minds and wont drop the issue? Why cant people just accept that not everyone believes in him/?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Save 15 and you win a set of steak knives.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Because those of us that believe in God, understand that he wants us to try and save others and spread his word. I am a Christian and I will give advice to someone who is seeking it about God and Jesus Christ, but I don't go around trying to get people who don't believe, to believe. If you don't believe in God, that's your own problem. Honestly, I could give 2 craps that you're going to spend eternity in hell.
    Anonymous

• they get a rush trying to "save" people...they actually think they are saving someone from something...like a train wreck or something...it gives them an ego boost
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• oh thats comforting, god will send us to hell if we dont believe oh my o might farther loves me that much. Why do people HAVE to believe in god to be happy or live a good life? sounds like most relgions are a bunch of cluts trying to get people to follow their every word.
    Anonymous

• i meant cults
    Anonymous

• I believe and God and I assure you I won't mind if you don't join me in Heaven it is YOUR choice.

Have a Good Weekend!
    Anonymous

• I've seen it go both ways.
    I've seen religious people try to change the beliefs of a non religious person. They feel that they're helping because of their beliefs and they want to spread the word.
    It's like if you just found a recipe for the best chocolate chip cookies ever and they cured the common cold, would you want to share that recipe with others?(that may be a terrible example but it's all I've got at the moment, lol)

However I've also seen non religious people call out religious people and try to convince them that their beliefs are bogus and tell them all of the reasons why they think they're stupid for having faith in a God that they can't see and so on and so forth.

I agree that the world would be a much better place if everyone could just accept that some people believe and some people don't and quit trying to change each other's mind.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 5:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Honestly, I think they should just stick to people who WANT information, instead of trying to push their beliefs on somebody who doesn't have any need for it... I don't care if you believe some guy in the sky wants you to "save my soul", I don't want to hear it. It's irritating :|
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Like I say in every one of these superiority complex. Some just can't get over the I'm right your wrong. It sucks I know.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

Have a Good Weekend!

Very Christian nice.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2010