Did the mini pill make you depressed and lose interest in sex?

I have 3 kids super close in age and don't want a 4th. My husband is dragging his feet about a vasectomy and my hospital won't do tubals (it's a catholic hospital). I'm allergic to latex and have tried latex free condoms but had a reaction to those as well. I'm taking the mini pill because I'm BFing but it has completely zapped my sex drive and making me feel depressed.

Did it do this to anyone else? What is another BC option for me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no but it made me pregnant! i was taking it for 3 months before my husband came home from deployment and i got pregnant the very first weekend he was home on my ovulation day i guess is what they said i was. I never missed a pill and i always took it at the same time every day
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Yup! Same here. Dh is all for a snip snip but I want him to wait till I know for sure I don't want a third. Honestly I think it is so selfish of men who want to leave bc up to the women only. I would cut him off, no vasectomy no nooky. After all if you are on the pill you won't want it anyway.
    Anonymous

• another opinion in no sex! its working for me, my husband dragged the same thing and i also could no a tubal because im 22 and have only 2 kids as well as a catholic hospital (only one around for the next 100miles) put it through your hubbys head that if it doesnt get snip snip theres a chance taht you can still get pregnant on BC and him having no sperm is one of the best BC there is or give him the opinion of no sex
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Have a sit down and explain this to him. Let him know that you going on the pill equals very little to no sex for him, he might reconsider and make an appointment. Don't let him think it only your responsibility to prevent pregnancy.
    Anonymous