wedding reception food

what are good reception finger foods? im on a budget and need some ideas

thehippiebaby

Asked by thehippiebaby at 5:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• anything on a skewer. looks amazing, it's fun, easy, etc. fruit, chicken, meat & cheese, etc. can do sweet, savory, dessert, entree, and more.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• fruit tray and cheese tray
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• thanks yall
    thehippiebaby

Answer by thehippiebaby at 5:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• PS party rental places are pretty cheap now, it's kinda their down season, equipment is sitting there not in use before the graduation season begins. I went to a wedding that did cotton candy in one of their wedding colors and it was an enormous hit. Renting the machine is cheaper than u think and the it's just sugar and dye. You can also get a popcorn machine and gourmet it up big time!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• for my wedding i figured it was cheaper having a meal instead of buying fancy finger foods for 35 people. I did get a fruit and cheese tray just for people to munch on but we ended up having a bbq dinner with potato salad, baked beans, and corn on the cob...it was very easy and very cheap and everyone loved it. It also went well with our wedding cuz we got married in the mountains and outdoors...so a nice country bbq dinner fit.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• the cottan candy is cute cause we are doing light pink and baby blue
    thehippiebaby

Answer by thehippiebaby at 6:04 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I agree about chicken skewers, fruit tray, cheese plate, bruschetta, baby spanokopita, swedish meatballs, sliced sausage, etc.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• If the wedding is fairly informal ask closest friends and family members to bring their favorite dish to share. Otherwise baked macaroni and cheese, meatballs, lil' smokies, any pasta or veggie salads, pudding cups layered with cool whip, chocolate shavings and fruit (great hit with kids). Google appetizers there has to be a million of them!
    formykids373

Answer by formykids373 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• My sister is getting married this summer. Her theme is backyard BBQ. The ceremony is going to be in my grandma's garden, and they rented a hall for the reception. She's planning on easy-to-eat foods. Lots of different types of salads, cut up fruit and veggies, deli meat, and grilled chicken, burgers, etc. I really like the skewer idea too. I'll have to mention that to my sister!
    Shaye_e

Answer by Shaye_e at 7:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I just got married on Feburary 10th and we got sandwich fixings (rolls, meat, cheese, lettuse, tomato, onion, etc.), chips and dip along with the cake. We only had about 30 people so it was pretty cheap and very easy.
    I also agree with the bbq that would be really cheap and easy. I only had 2 days to plan so that was the cheapest and easiest thing I could think of at the time. There are tons of ideas that are great. You can google it and you will come up with lots of ideas. That's where I got mine. GL and congrats!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 2:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2010