Does any one research any thing any more? I mean really come on.

I just saw in a few posts some were bagging pagans. Well guess what Christians Jesus didn't found Christianity it was founded by pagan and pagan symbols, exc. were adapted to make the transition easier. So in reality you are dogging your self. Post is only to the so called only Christians not Jewish,Muslim, Catholic, exc. As well only ones that do this.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Me! Me! Me!...(my hand is a swinging in the air.....)....
    I live on my pc...lol....
    Not always finding what I am looking for... but that is what *friends* are for wither they are of my path or not...

But to answer your question... I believe what is going on ( and again this is only MO) the *Facts* of the background/history of the beginning or adaption of Christianity from *Paganism* is to much for many to handle......
    I am not saying NOT to believe what YOU want to (you meaning in general), but don't jump on the *High Horse* and tell me that YOU and YOURS are the ONLY way to wherever....
    1. I don't play that game...
    and 2.... that is ONLY what YOU (again in general) believe not everyone else around you....

JMTs
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• every one bashes every relgion and dont bother to do the reserach becasue most of the time they dont care. I dont bash anyones beliefs or any relgion, people just to to go after me for not believing. So theres your answer they dont want to do the reserach because they dont care and dont want to bother trying to find out the "facts" of certain reglions
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I LOVE researching things.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Well for those of you who like to research or care to here are just a few links that back my point.

http://www.northernway.org/pagandna.html

http://newageofreason.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/the-pagan-roots-of-christianity-2/

http://www.realmagick.com/articles/51/1551.html

http://www.giveshare.org/BibleStudy/007.pagan.html

I still believe in my Christianity, but I can at least accept the truth.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:11 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Or maybe it's you who haven't done your research or stick to only neopagan sites. Christianity is based on a form of Judaism not pagans. And "pagans" is a HUGE term that covers millions of different people and thousands of different cultures. Pagans are not all the same with the exact same beliefs and like every other culture pagan practices and symbols have changed and developed over the centuries. Pagan are entitled to their own bliefs, but it's a myth to view "pagans" as one ancient relgion - most modern pagan practies were developed long after Christianity and are influenced by Christianity. Similarities between two things doesn't mean that one stole from the other not does it mean that byusing a symbol used by a different culture mean that one accepts what that symbol meant in the other culture.
    Anonymous

• I already knew this, but I am a christian. But i do NOT bash others religions everyone has different beliefs and opinions. Of course as a christian I would love every one to be a christian, but their religion is there choice. The one's that you are talking about are to absent minded to understand, to scared to know the facts. Half of them don't know all the facts of their religion. They use their religion (as my mother in law and all of her friends ) they are only Christians for social reasons and to try and control people.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Anon FYI I don't only go to pagan site, they are also not the only ones who say this. As well no Christianity was not formed from Judaism It was created by Judaist pagans. Like I said check facts. I got these links from several places not just pagan sites. Sorry it's truth except it and know when you insult them you insult your self.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• hot-mama don't insult pagans. They're entitled to their beliefs and practices, however they want to express them. But the truth is that most modern pagans are really "neopagans" and don't follow ancient traditions - they follow modern practices and rituals influenced by other cultures including the Christian culture. Peter, Paul and the other disciples who spread Christianity were Jews not pagans. The pagans persectuted the early Christians. Just because I don't agree with your interpretation of events doesn't mean I haven't done research. Bias goes both ways you know.
    Anonymous

First off I don't insult pagans I think there beliefs are amazing. Bias if I may be I stick to facts you can't interpret facts different if you wereb taught simple comprehension at least mean it is in laments terms. Also peter and Paul are the ones I am referring to if I remember correctly, Ya they were judaist/pagans dear. No if and or but about it.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Christians Jesus didn't found Christianity it was founded by pagan and pagan symbols, exc.

Christianity is a relationship w/Christ Christian's are followers of Christ. The Christian Religions are a whole different thing and yes alot of the have Pagan Symbols and alot of them are based off of man's teachings and alot of the people think their religion is gonna save them and they are wrong and so are you thinking Pagans founded Christianity because Christianity is not man made the RELIGIONS are but not the Relationship w/Christ. Pagan's have their own gods and their own religion I won't argue that the Christian RELIGIONS are full of Pagan stuff but the RELIGIONS are not Christianity.
    Anonymous