Are you for Amnesty?

I don't care what he says, Obama and the Libs want as many poor in this country as they can get. They know they will get the votes if they give these people a free pathway to America for them and their families. Free healthcare because the majority of them make very little, schooling for their children and all the benefits legal Americans have without hiding in the shadows.
When Bush tried to get what looked like Amnesty through the American people would have nothing of it. Americans were heard then but you know now that this administration will ram it through if they have a chance.
What should we do about illegal immigrants who cost us so much money that we sorely do not need to be spending. Will making them legal make it any better?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 5:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• NO
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 6:00 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• My area has its fair share of illegal immigrants (mostly Mexican), and I can tell you those people are THE most hardworking people I've ever met in my life. The vast majority of them are NOT looking for handouts, they're trying to improve their lives by working their ASSES off at jobs most Americans feel too good for. Isn't that what the "American dream" is based on?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I am not for amnesty.

If anyone wants to come to America LEGALLY and work hard to make a better life for themselves, I gladly welcome them. If anyone has come here ILLEGALLY, they have already broken our laws and do not deserve anything from us but to be pointed toward the border and told to leave now.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Yeh. I live in the Mexican ghetto. We have gang violence regularly. A police officer was shot last week 2 blocks from my house. None of them speak a word of English, nor do they have any desire to learn. I have no issue with LEGAL immigration. I'm all for making it easier to LEGALLY immigrate. But the entitlement of these illegals is sickening. They steal their way here, expect to be taken care of, and cause all kinds of violence. No thank you.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Do you know how bigotted that sounds? Immigrants are people, regardless of where they come from. We are all JUST PEOPLE and unless you're a native american, at one point, your family were immigrants. Suddenly you're here safe and you want all others to stay out? All of the immigrants I have known would much rather stay in their own country. The onlly reason they come here is for better economic opportunity. Due to globalization, most of their countries are broke with nothing. They only come here to feed their families and live a better life. Go ask one of these immigrants, 'if you could work in your own country and feed your family, would you come to America?' 90% would say no.
    Anonymous

• Anouck,
    So the people standing in line paying the fees and following the rules are lazy slackers? Illegal immigrants need to go home and come back the way other lawful people do. I don't care how good of a worker they are. Why on earth should they be given a pass? give me a good reason. Why shoudl they get to cut in line?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Anon, there is a BIG difference between legal and illegal immigration. And having many family members who are recent legal immigrants, believe me, they were thrilled to leave their country of origin for the land of opportunity.

No one is saying stop immigration. They are saying do it legally, and no amnesty for those who are breaking the law. That is a reasonable request, since ALL countries have immigration laws.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 6:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• itsmesteph11, all I can say is, why don't you go live in Mexico for a while, in piss poor condition and absolutely desperate? You'd be amazed at the things you would do to try to give your family a better life... Yes, OF COURSE it would be great if everybody went through the immigration progress the legal way. But desperation breeds desperate measures. They're still human beings...

And for the record, I never said legal immigrants are lazy slackers. Hell, I'm one, why on earth would I say that?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• The difference is this -- my ancestors came to this country LEGALLY. They followed whatever LEGAL procedure was in place at that time. I am very happy to welcome anyone from any country in the world who wants to come the this country LEGALLY. The people who I don't want to be here and the people who I want to leave are the people who are here ILLEGALLY, the people who have committed ILLEGAL acts to come here.

I am against amnesty because it will reward people who have come here ILLEGALLY with the benefits of citizenship. They actively chose to break our laws when they came here. They should not be rewarded for that.

May-20

Answer by May-20 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• NO, I am not for amnesty. My reason being that it would be rewarding those that came here illegally. That to me doesn't make sense. I am ALL for giving them a better chance at becoming citizens. It is expensive to become a citizen. But giving amnesty means there was no background checks and those here could have issues that would have kept them from becoming legal the right way. Most of SSN identity fraud is done by illegals. Rewarding illegal activity would be one of the biggest downfalls of our country.

Illegals and Identity fraud http://redtape.msnbc.com/2006/03/hidden_cost_of_.html

"...there are clear indications that many -- if not most -- of the 9 million mismatches are immigrants using the wrong SSN."

In 2008 9.93 million people have had some type of identity theft crime committed against them.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 6:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2010