cheating?

is it just me, or is just about everything considered cheating anymore?
if you have a opposite sex pen pal that you share things with, you are a emotional cheater- if someone finds mental excitement in someone other than their spouse, that's cheating too-

I'm not a swinger nor in a open marriage, but the idea that I will forever be the only woman that my husband will ever like or find attractive makes me laugh.

Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• i believe in emotional cheating because a lot of the time they are telling one that they love them and want to be with them even though they arent physicaly touching. mental excitment now thats not cheating IMO. I know i dont want my SO telling another person that they love them.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• i agree. my husband is my best friend, as are jake and john. just because i talk to them as friends doesnt mean im cheating, unless i cross the line, which i never plan to do.
    Anonymous

• OP- TMI-
    mommy of thwo388- I wouldn't either- I guess I'm talking about the idea so many have that if you have a friend of the opposite sex that you share things with, that makes you a emotional cheater.
    women tell each other things that they wouldn't tell their so/hubby all the time. But if she dares has a male friend like that, she seems to deserve a scarlet A on her chest-

I just saw a post claiming if a man 'gets off' to anythings other than his wife, he's a cheater-
    I've even heard woman try and call men cheaters for picturing someone other than the wife while getting some 'self gratification' -
    Anonymous

• I think there is a distinct difference between confiding in a friend and having an emotional relationship with someone.

My soon to be ex husband would e-mail this woman(one of a few) and tell her things about our relationship(that weren't true) and would tell her how much he likes her and how cute she is and how he wishes he could just steal her away and run away with her...that to me is emotional cheating.

If it was just a friend of his and he was confiding in and not flirting or being inappropriate then I would have had no problem with it.
    I have male friends that I confide in and that I hang out with but have never crossed that line.

I don't think masturbating to porn is cheating.
    I think it gives me a break and saves me from catching any diseases I might have caught had he gone out and banged any actual whores.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• who cares? everyone has different beliefs.
    Anonymous

• I'm in an open relationship so nothing is cheating for us. It's just practical since men are not monogamous creatures. In the beginning I tried to stop it but once I gave in and didn't give him a hard time we started getting along a lot better and he quit being with other women so much. He likes that other men want to be with me. I'm ok with them wanting me but I just let him think I hook up with them. I don't. I have no desire to be with anyone but him but don't tell him that! lol
    Anonymous

• Humans will always see something besides their spouse that they are attraced to. Heck, i loved oogling at the guy that works at the deli at my grocery store. I don't consider that cheating. But, he does not compare to my DH & that is the truth. I go home to him, & only give my love to him. Same goes for DH. I know he looks at women, heck i look at women too...they're HOT! I'm OK with him finding other women attractive. If he has a serious crush on her, that might bother me....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I used to think that way...then I saw some random guy who totally caught my attention and I couldn't get him out of my head for about 3 days. He was a complete stranger who I have never seen since but since then I give him some slack. I unwillingly proved to myself it is just biology. LOL Also, it helped when I learned to admit some women are hott too. Not that anything would ever happen with either its just an observation.
    Anonymous