Where did you think the money was going to come from?

If you supported the reform bill, knowing they were going to raise taxes and fees on insurance, corporations and the majority of employers in the country, where exactly did you think those employers were going to get the money to pay for it all?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• well who didn't think of this? I want to know!
    Anonymous

• Oh my gd, cant you pick a different category to post your crap in, talk about your kids considering you ARE n cafeMOM
    Anonymous

• well, thats easy nonpanicking, we thought we were going to get it from YOU! Were we wrong? WHAT?GASP!
    Duh.
    Anonymous

• From the politicians' butts is the only place I can think.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• maybe they are going to make all the moms sitting on their lazy asses go out and get jobs and cut of public assistance?
    Anonymous

• I expected them to cut back of course and that is what some businesses will do. Those companies can choose to let go employees OR they really could quit giving out HUGE bonuses to their execs and not fire the little people. But as always greed shows its ugly head. Can't say I am surprised!
    Anonymous

• Anon :09 - This is the POLITICS AND CURRENT EVENTS forum. If you don't like it, go to another forum.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 6:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Oh my gd, cant you pick a different category to post your crap in,

It's a current event.  If you don't like reading it feel free to skip it or pick a different category to read in.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I was absolutely aware that some of it would trickle down to the employees. However, I also believe those large corporations are exaggerating the effects, what else would they do, jump for joy? As for the average citizen, the people most affected by this are the ones making $250K or more, and I honestly don't believe the small increase is going to affect their way of life at all... Yes, I support a sliding tax scale, the more you make, the more you can afford to pay. I believe the haves have a moral obligation to help out the have nots in this world (note, I do not believe said have nots are lazy bums looking for a handout, sometimes people get down on their luck through no fault of their own). And for the record, I'm NOT one of the have nots, and I will NOT benefit from this health plan in any way...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:13 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• You mean the government officials aren't taking pay cuts and upping their taxes to provide us with this wonderful health care???... You mean we the people are footing the BILL for this FREE health care?!!!... unbelievable!! and I thought we could trust our pres & his peeps!!... not...
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 6:13 PM on Mar. 26, 2010