How many different ways to serv Hotdogs...........?

Due to finances we are having to live of Chicken hotdogs the next couple of weeks - I know thats not a very healthy option, but don't have a choice - they're already bought.

So my question is how can I cook them, to not serv the same night after night...?

What it your favorite way to serv Hotdogs ?

Nynne

Asked by Nynne at 6:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• ooo love this question! My favorite way to make hot dogs is to cut them down the middle, open them up and fry them on both sides. Throw the buns in the pan and brown a little bit until a little brown. Load them with cole slaw, chili,onions,shredded cheese,mustard.(Or whatever else are some of your favorite toppings.
    LOL...so fattening but oh so good!! We even have to eat them with a fork,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:23 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• slice them up in mac n cheese, serve them on buns, bbq/grill them, ...not sure of any other ways....google it! I'm sure there's someone that's come up with more! xoxo best of luck.
    Anonymous

• I saw one way the other day that a friend of mine did for his kids, I'll try and find the link to show you.

Basically he shove spagetti noodles through them and then boiled them. The noodles got cooked along with the hot dogs and he called them "hairy wieners". Lol.

Personally I would probably pick a different name for them, his kids really enjoyed them though.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• We cut them up, make a casserole with kidney beans and corn and a little corn meal on top. It's really yummy w/ the mexi-corn. Or put them in crescent rolls. :)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• http://moxiemamakc.blogspot.com/2009/04/return-of-hot-dog-spaghetti-monster.html
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• 1. slice them up and add to pasta and veggies with sauce (cheese or alfredo work well)
    2. slice them up and add to beans and serve with cornbread or crackers
    3. Chili dogs with tator tots or french fries
    4. Regular hotdogs with beans or chips
    5. wrap them in tortillas with cheese
    6. wrap with a piece of sandwich cheese and a piece of bread, close with a toothpick and bake until cheese is melty and bread is toasty
    7. add them to soup
    8. cut into eight length-wise slices from one end to about 1.5 inches from other end, drop in boiling water (they'll look like octopus), serve over ramen noodles with green food coloring (looks like seaweed), decorate faces on octopus with mustard or whatever you have
    Anonymous

• My fav way is to take a can of baked beans, add some mustard and brown sugar, put them in a casserole dish, bury the hot dogs in there and bake until hot....serve on buns with the beans on top. Yum.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• me and my kids love them cut up in some velveta mac n chez YUM YUM and you can add tuna instead of hot dogs thats the only way i can get my kids to eat any kid of fish
    Mommmy_To_3

Answer by Mommmy_To_3 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Honestly, when I was at the store I noticed hot dogs are MORE expensive than other cuts of meat.
    Anonymous

• My mom makes hotdogs wrapped in bacon! Soooo good.
    Anonymous