does changing a babys formula make them sick fussy and miserable

i changed my daughters formula and shes been really fussy and crying all the time is this normal my daughter is 1 month 2 weeks and 4 days old what do i do

babygirl_10

Asked by babygirl_10 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• could be. could be a tummy discomfort thing. how long has she been on the new stuff?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• YES
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 6:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Does it? Not always. Can it? Yes. Is there a reason you switched? Maybe if it keeps up, you might think of switching back.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Sometimes. It may take a few days for your baby to adjust to a new formula, and if she doesn't you'll need to switch back to the old one or try something new. Of course, it also may not be related to the formula at all; sometimes babies are just fussy and uncomfortable.
    Anonymous

• You should talk to your doctor. It would be a virus, or other physical problems but most likely it is due to the change. Did you just change it or did your doctor change it. It takes a while to get used to a different formula. The iron can also cause a tummy ache or they could have colic. At such a tender young age, you really should be getting your doctor's advice.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 6:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• It definitely can and does.

Check the amount of iron in each of them. If the new one has a higher iron content it could be constipating her. That's what happened to my son when he was a baby.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I think it does, I waited until my son was 7 months old to change him to a more "affordable" formula and so far it's been good, no problems. What my ped recommended was to use half of the new/half of the old formula in his bottles until the old formula was gone.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• You should use the formula your doctor tells you to use.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Babies do best if they have the same thing all the time. Their immature digestive systems have a hard time digesting all different stuff. If you absolutely have to change formula, you should do it gradually. But some babies will simply not be able to tolerate some formulas, no matter what.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:59 AM on Mar. 27, 2010