Why do parents think it's about them when it comes to their kids being homosexual?

It isn't about what they did wrong or how they raised their child, it's about their child knowing what they've always been. When people think "gay" they're only thinking of the sexual aspect and not the human connection that two men or two women might actually have for eachother. So why do parents, who don't approve of it, automatically think it's something they did wrong when it isnt?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 6:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• I have no clue why anyone would take it personally

Answer by admckenzie at 6:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• because they sadly, preceive it as a flaw and they want to explain their way out of it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I was just watching a program about a guy who had a very loving family and said they would die for him and love him no matter what. But he came out of the closet to them and they disowned him, took everything away from him, his tuition for college, a place to stay, his car, everything...not because he broke the law, not because he got some girl pregnant, but simply because he is gay. To me, that's not what a parent is supposed to do. A parent needs to accept their child no matter what they grow up to be or what they are.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 6:46 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Because so many people seem to think there is something wrong with being homosexual. Back in a time when homosexuality wasn't seen as bad, people were proud to have a son that was. But now, people see it as bad, and so they want someone to blame...

Really, it's just sad!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Because in general when a child does anything that the parents don't agree with they think it is somehow their fault.
    Anonymous

• My 8 year old came across the word lesbian. She just told me the other day that she might be a lesbian when she grows up. I think at 8, the idea of marrying a women seems a lot better....LOL! Men are stinky!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I would not care in the least. Her happiness, is my happiness....
    samurai_chica

• lol Samurai.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 7:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2010