Is there a difference between love and sex to you?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 7:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• sex is for fun, for release, etc.

sex and love, though both present in a healthy relationship, have nothing to do with the other.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:04 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• absolutly!!!!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:05 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Well, one's an emotion, the other one is a physical act, so I'm not sure I understand the question.... Do you mean, do they go hand in hand or not? I can have sex with a man I'm attracted to, but don't love, sure. And I suppose I could love a man without having sex with him, but I'd rather not :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Nailed it anouck.

Because a call girl can have sex without love, but a girl in love can wait as long as it takes til she and the person she's in love with to be there.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 7:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• One is physical and one is emotional. If you are lucky enough to have both at the same time then it's awesome.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Yes they can be but I've always been in love or fell in love with anyone I've had sex with. So I guess one can lead to the other.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• hmm. . .good question i wouldn't have sex with someone unless i loved them. . .but theres more to love than just sex.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Here is where i differ from a lot of people. I cannot get sexually aroused unless i am head over heals in love. I have never had a one night stand, & i have never had sex "just for fun" with someone i did not love. For ME love & sex go hand in hand because i could not ever have sex with someone i'm not in love with, I would be dryer than the Sahara. Just can not get turned on with out the love.

So, it must differ from person to person. I know plenty of men & women who are very good at casual sex, & don't need some kind of "love" there to enjoy it.

But for me, i need love in order to have sex. Although technically the meanings of the words differ, for me, they go together.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• You betcha

Answer by admckenzie at 7:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Yes, though personally, I couldn't see myself having sex with someone I didn't love.
    Anonymous