prophets

Will I go to hell for following a false prophet? Will I go to hell for rejecting a prophet and it turns out they were right?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 7:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not in my belief but ask most Christians I'm not a true Christian. You obviously realised this so make amends
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• U will only go to hell for rejecting Jesus Christ and salvation through His shed blood on the cross. If what a prophet says does not line up with the word of God, stop following and listening and reading what that person has said. Open up your bible and see what it says for yourself then you will know what is truth and what is false.
    Anonymous

• I suppose if there IS in fact a heaven and hell then some would say that yes you will go there.

What I've been told though, is that everyone will be given a second chance once the world is paradise. If after seeing that everything they tried to teach us about God was real, we STILL chose to sin and be terrible people then it's game over.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• sorry Laila_May that's incorrect. If a person dies in sin and have not accepted Christ as their Savior - they will go to hell. There is no second chances. When Christ returns for those that have accepted Him as their Savior and those which remain will still have an opportunity for salvation before He comes again to set up His kingdom. But again, if salvation is rejected and you die, you will go to hell. Which to me is sad.. when hell was created it was not a place God wanted man to go, it was for satan and his angels.. not for man, however we all have a choice to follow God or not therefore ppl choose heaven or hell.
    Anonymous

• i dont think anyone with good intentions will go to hell. what exactly do you mean by "follow" ? if someone claiming to be a prophet tells you to commit an act against God (like murder) and you do it, then yeah you're probably on your way to hell. you should have known better. but i doubt that's what you're talking about, so i would say no, you are not going to hell. if you have a good personal relationship with God, don't worry about the rules of religion. think of Him like a father. before you do something, ask yourself "would my Father approve?" and if you honestly don't know the answer to that question, just try your best to make the right choice. in the end i think we're judged GOOD or BAD, not by any other standards

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 7:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• But I don't believe in her, I don't believe EGW was a true prophet but she wrote about how people changed her words in ehr books. How she would be bad mouthed at the end of days and how there would be a shaking in the church. So this is all coming true. But one of her greatest arguments is on what to eat when the bible states that food IS NOT to be an argument. So idk...
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 7:21 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Depends on who you see as a prophet?....
    Anonymous

• I see a prophet as someone who does not contradict scripture at all. Someone who would not bring a burden to the table something that isn't a burden at all.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 7:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Anon :19
    Just because that is what YOU believe, does not make it true. Just true to you.

It says IN the bible that only 144,000 people actually get to go to heaven. That's not that many. More than that have already lived and died so if it were true that all believers go to heaven and all non believers go to hell, then heaven would have been filled up decades ago.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• laila: the 144,000 wasn't speaking of gentiles.. and now i know what ur beliefs are cause only one religion believes the 144,000 about heaven and that's the jw's. and no hell would not necessarily be overflowing as we do not know who went there and who went to heaven since we weren't there to hear the last thing they may have spoken out of their mouths. if you are talking about ppl in the old testament b4 Christ that's a whole other topic.. there were men of God who were counted as righteous... however once Christ died and became the ultimate sacrafice.. the bible is very clear.. read John 3:16. So.. it's not what I BELIEVE... it's what the
    Anonymous