What sunscreen do you recommend for sensitive skin?

My child has sensitive skin. What is the best sun protection that works well on sensitive skin?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you can find it I recommend Arbonne. They make the best most natural sunscreen I have found. Also Bager brand makes a very gentle sunscreen. Arbonne you have to get through an authorized dealer, but Badger brand can be found at many health food stores.
    curlycupcake

Answer by curlycupcake at 8:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• My oldest has eczema and I use "Waterbabies Pure & Simple" It's oil, fragrance & dye free. It also says "tear free" and comes in spf 50. He's never had any problems with it.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 11:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I have psoriasis, my son has eczema, and we both have sensitive skin. The only sunscreen we use is Mexitan
    http://www.mexitan.com/
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 12:10 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I use Aveeno or neutrogeena (Sp??) clean and pure.
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 7:19 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I get the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock, which is available in various SPFs; I get the highest I can find, which is usually SPF 55+ and I've even found it as high as 85. This stuff goes on feeling dry, not wet or sticky, has minimal odor and it doesn't sweat off at all. Both my son & I have extremely sun-sensitive skin (I burn just thinking about the sun - the bane of being a redhead) and I also have this mole on my cheek that will burn & hurt a lot if it isn't protected well and I have found that the Neutrogena works the best at protecting it from the sun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Mar. 27, 2010