stinky feet

okay help before I chop her feet off. I cant take the smell of my daughters feet she's 12 and they smell up the whole house what the heck causes this and what can I do so they dont stink anymore?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Health

• Sweat causes the stinkiness.
    Get odor eating insoles for her shoes or sprinkle baking soda in them and let it soak up the odor.
    Don't let her go barefoot in sneakers.
    Wash her feet regularly and get peppermint foot lotion for her.

I used to have the smelliest feet when I was her age too. They don't stink anymore.
    Keep in mind she is growing and changing and her hormones are going to make her sweat, stink and break out.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Could be just sweat or it could be athlete's foot. Mention it to her Dr and see what they can suggest. Mean while, you can put newspaper/baking soda in her shoes to help absorb the sweat and smell and make sure she is wearing clean high cotton content socks. Making sure her feet are dry before she puts on her shoes will help too.
    Aidans_Mom915

Answer by Aidans_Mom915 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• They had on tv the other day to soak stinky feet in a tea bag foot bath. You can probably google is and see how many tea bags you need. It was on The Doctors and on The Ellen Show, too.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Bacteria causes the odor. Soak her feet in room temperature tea. Make enough to fill a tub for a foot bath. This really works.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 12:04 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Happy Feet Spa Retreat

Make it a mother daughter spa time

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 27, 2010