Looking for a good source on how to write grant proposals and how to write to organizations to request information and assistance.

I am working on a grant proposal for an oral healthcare project in my local community. This is the first grant proposal for me. I need the assistance of
professional organizations in the oral healthcare field or of related.
So I want to be able to approach them in a professional way.
I need to know what books or websites are good guides for letter writing.

Thanks:)

pinthemix

Asked by pinthemix at 7:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• You need to go to a professional grant writer. Not only do they know what they're doing but can usually get you the most money. There are things that you would never think of that they can do. Plus they can often move your proposal to the top of the list, call in some favors that kind of thing. If it was something that was important to me that's what I would do.
    Anonymous

• http://www.donorsforum.org/ is  a fantastic resource. Contact your local community college; they may offer grant-writing classes.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:08 AM on Mar. 27, 2010