Any ideas to make sales more often on Ebay???

I have been selling on ebay and make a sale like 1 out of 10 listing. I describe them perfect and make a fair shipping price, but how do I make my listing sell more quickly without listing 5 times... Here is a link if you want to see a listing to give me ideas... Thanks

http://shop.ebay.com/9272008/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

Thanks for any tips

Kahlc85

Asked by Kahlc85 at 7:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• There are CM groups to help you with this
    Anonymous

• Your prices are way to high. By the time someone pays for the item plus shipping and handling, they could of had gone to the store and bought it brand new. As far as the Wii, I would look around to see if you can get an estimate on getting it fixed. No body is going to buy a broken Wii for $50, when you can one for $150 with an extra controller plus 5 games.

Anonymous

• I accully get estimates on EVERYTHING before I post... I will not get ripped off by offering Garage sale prices.. I tried .99 and thats what they sell for and I lose... I looked at what other people were selling Broken wii for and they are really selling for about the same and I have 13 people watching it....
    Kahlc85

Answer by Kahlc85 at 11:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• The Cafemom ebay sellers group has many wise women.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:09 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Okay here is what I would advise....
    1. Do not take pics of clothing on your floor or carpets....it's distracting and people WILL think "ewww now these clothes are filthy from that old dirty carpet it's on" Get a mannequin (a half form body is about $20 on ebay) and take the pics on a pale colored wall. If you don't want to injest in a mannequin right now at least buy a 50 cent poster board and use the white non-shiny side to place your items on for taking the pics.
    2. Don't bother saying "NO RETURNS ACCEPTED" reality is if you sell on ebay and/or accept paypal you are FORCED to accept returns. Even if you have the no returns accepted all a buyer has to do is open a claim, return the item and paypal or ebay will take the money from your account and return it to the buyer.
    3. Your starting prices are too high, whether you think it's fair or not. If you "estimated" that the vintage jersey is $10 don't start it at...
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:24 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• ...that price, those ending sales unless fixed price listings didn't start at that price. I'm not saying you have to start it at 99 cents, but perhaps $3.99 or $4.99.
    4.Your shipping prices are WAY too high. $5 for that same jersey? Putting it into a 50 cent bubble envelope from the dollar store (two packs) and mailing it first class will probably only for $2.50. Heck, that jersey could fit into the flat rate SMALL box where it's only $4.90 which is still 10 cents less than what you are charging. GIVE people an option of parcel post or flat rate and use a scale with the shipping calculator so you are not overcharging on the shipping.
    5. You state you only ship on Wednesdays and Saturdays...with paypal you can print the shipping label minutes after they pay and leave it by your mailbox for the postman to take for you. No trips to the post office are necessary anymore!
    6. "I like payment within 5 days" just say:....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:30 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• ..."Payment must arrive within 5 days" the "I like" just doesn't sound serious.
    7. Also just remove the whole "Due to lack of feedback I will leave feedback after the buyer" Truth is many people just no longer leave feedback, but it sounds rude to have this in your listing. Just remove it, leave the feedback once they pay and you ship. If you want to get free postcards from vistaprint that say thank you and request positive feedback with 5 stars in all catagories and just stick that in the envelope or box when you ship. I use this method and get 5 star ratings in all catagories and most buyers do leave feedback, however I do NOT hold MY feedback hostage and wait until they give before i do.

The only other thing I can suggest is to also continue buying to help up your feedback, you are still very low in feedback and that can be a warning sign for buyers. When you sell baby clothes if there are name brands list them
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:36 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• And well be careful....on Thursday all store items become fixed price and will flood the system, not to mention listing fees and final value fees (unless starting at 99 cents or less) are going UP for all of us....and the number of items entering the main search will flood results making it harder to get our listings seen and bid on!!!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:37 AM on Mar. 27, 2010