ever said something bad to your child?

ever said something bad to your child,what was it? did you think it was bad or did your partner think it was bad? just wondering sometimes i say things i dont mean or mean in that way and boyfriend jumps my ass.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• no one. i know not everyone is perfect. post anonymous just post something
    Anonymous

• I have on a few occaissions said things to my daughter that I regret. Sometimes I get very frusttrated with her and say things I shouldn't. If I realize it I will apologize.
    Anonymous

• can anyone give examples of what u said?
    Anonymous

• Oh sure! I go nuts sometimes when I am with the kids all day and night repeatedly. If they continue to misbehave and even sometimes have the courage to say "No" when I tell/ask them to do something...usually it's not WHAT I say, but HOW I say it. Like the tone in my voice, the level of the volume of my voice. I have called them spoiled brats, but that's what they were acting like. I've learned though that they learn what they live. If I want them to behave and be kind and respectful, I have to be the same way. If I start getting that stressed out, I will go outside for a couple minutes to just breathe or I'll call my husband. One time, recently, I called him and was in a completely other room than my son who is 5, well, I said "Your son is being such a little shit!" My son runs into the kitchen and says "Don't call me a shit! I'm not a shit!" I had to laugh, but you know, being a mom isn't all kisses and cookies.
    Anonymous

• My hubby has said a few things like, "If you stick your hands out the window a bird will come and bite them off!" or things like that - totally not true. I think he says it more for the joke and to get his point across than to actually convince him that it will happen.

I might have yelled a few times when I didn't need to. Idk. I don't particularly remember saying something I shouldn't have, but I'm sure it's happened.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 11:04 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I said shut up a few days ago when multiple shhh's didn't work, it just came out. I was very ashamed immediately.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• some of these are not bad at all. shut up is used a lot and although it may not be that nice or the best its said a lot.i said something to my daughter about her being a brat at the time the way she was acting she was and my boyfriend jumped all over me dont call her a brat. i also have a close friend that cusses at her child like dammit shut up or fucking shut up.
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 9:10 AM on Mar. 27, 2010