When a man is caught cheating and then ends it and tells you your are his world and life and loves only you then turns around and says he does not think we have a happy relationship and talks about splitting up what do you do ? What do you think ? what can it mean?

Handley79momof3

Asked by Handley79momof3 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• You leave.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• He's confused. Maybe you guys should try some time apart and decide if you want to be together.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the above post. Take time apart,it'll be hard but if he really loves you he'll come back.
    robin2708

Answer by robin2708 at 8:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Sounds like he was sorry he got caught, then said what ever he had to to get you back. I am sorry to say that once the "fun" was over he must have decided the relationship no longer worked for him.

"fun" meaning have both of you.

I would let him leave, there is really nothing you can do to make a person want to stay. This is my first thought, have you forgiven him for the affair, do you throw it up in his face.. If not, I really don't understand why he would say that and then want to leave.. Maybe talk to him and see where this is all coming from then go from there..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• He's confused for sure. Sounds like he cheated and he mustve felt that you guys werent in a happy relationship.Then when the fear of reality came down on him that you might leave him over his actions, he said what he could to keep you there.Then you trusted him,believed him and you stayed. He wants his cake and to eat it to. Get out before you get sucked in his little game any further.
    I say this because I have been through the same thing and I went back far too many times before I quit taking his bait and getting hurt over and over and over again.
    I wish you the best.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• He wants to have his cake and eat it too. He's testing the waters to see how much damage you will take. Don't stand for his shit. There is better out there. Let him go so that you can find the one you deserve. Don't settle for his nonsense hon. Maybe he'll learn his lesson when he wakes up pissing razorblades one day from screwing around so much. He's the type of guy that will end up calling you years from now when he decides to settle down, and say, "Man I really screwed up a good thing. I'm sorry." When he calls, make sure you are doing great for yourself and tactfully tell him to kiss off. It feels great, I promise :-) Good luck to you.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• It means he is confused. Give him some time alone to figure it out.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• You probably took him back but then reminded him everyday what a jerk he was and how could he, and no sex till he's forgiven and etc. My Mom did this to my Dad and I never understood it, she took him back but then made his life a living hell always bringing up the infidelity.

Anonymous

• That he wants to be with but is unhappy. Happy people don't cheat, your relationship wasn't doing it for him. If you cant get down to the nitty gritty as to why he cheated and wants to leave you can never fix it. The other thing is, did he love the other woman? Because if he did then there's no hope for you. Women can't really get over their husband's falling in love with another woman, sex we can handle.
    Anonymous

• He's not interested in trying to have a serious relationship and does not want to commit. He is selfish and is only looking for an open hole. Dump him and move on. Guys like this are not worth it.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2010