What would you do ? Or did you do ?

My sil says she doesn't vaccinate her child because vaccines are not good for you and that they make you stupid she says her (oldest) got all his vaccinations and he is slow (he has no real mental illness just isn't too smart) and she blames it on the vaccinations and her youngest hasn't been vaccinated and is smart .....she said that the goverment is just experimenting on our bodies ? Idk what do you ladies think ? What are your experiences ? Would you vaccinate ? Oh I should ad she only does a few vaccines like polio ..but she doesn't do others like hepitatis .....got a néw born so idk what do you smart ladies think ?

abbyg

Asked by abbyg at 8:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I vaccinated and my son is almost considered gifted. So, if I hadn't would he be a rocket scientist?
    Anonymous

• my mom, myself, my sister, all of my family have been vaccinated. most of my family I would consider smart. my SD has issues with reading, but so does her dad....so i figure her issues are hereditary....so....i think that is sort of paranoid...
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:00 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• my cousins 14 month old baby was just diagnosed with hepatitis. The doctors say she might have gotten it from a swimming pool. Not a chance I would want to take with my kid.

Anonymous

• You should vaccinate. The shots have been around for yearssssssssssssss. How will you feel if your baby catches something from another child or an adult and becomes deathly ill? Think about it and don't listen to your sister.
    Anonymous

• shots are ok, but i wont do boosters. the mercury or other perservitive metals can intensify (not cause) pre existing conditions (like autism, which my son happens to have) that u may not be aware of.
    Anonymous

• My children are vaccinated, they are okay. Ages 10 years and 13 months.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:04 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• My son is vaccinated and gifted. However, after researching. I will still get them, just on a delayed schedule. Not as a newborn, but, wait until he is a few months old.
    Anonymous

• I don't think vaccines are harmless by any means, but I also think that some people want to blame vaccines for things that are unrelated. It's a big decision and one that many people take much too lightly. Damage from vaccines is very real and very serious, but so are the diseases that vaccines are meant to control. I suggest you do your research on BOTH sides of the issues before you come to any decisions. My husband and I decided to selectively vax and to delay many of the vaccinations that we did choose to give to our children. It was not an easy decision and it took a lot of reading and discussion. We weighed the risks of getting each vaccine with the risks of getting the disease itself. In some cases, we felt the risk of the disease was much greater than the risk of the vaccine, so we chose to vaccinate for those. The others we opted out of.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 9:13 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I vaccinated all of my children and they are ahead of the game. My DD is accelerated in school. My DS does have ADHD and slight speech delay, but that has nothing to do with the vaccines. ADHD is genetic and he got it from my brother. As far as his speech delay is considered, it's nothing huge and he is taking therapy and working fine. The baby is also accelerated. She has reached all of her milestones early. I don't think it has as much to do with vaccines itself as it is what is in the genes. I believe that autism and other conditions and hereditary and can be brought on by the vaccines. Why else would some children have complications from taking the vaccines and others don't. If vaccines caused children to be dumb and caused autism, wouldn't all children have complications to some degree?

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I believe in being very careful with them and doing your research- but there is no way I would let a kid just go vaccinated. not a chance I would want to take!
    Anonymous