Why would you buy it?

I am purposely trying to give up drinking wine. I have actually done a pretty good job. I went out for dinner on my birthday in Feb. and had a a few glasses. Last week I had a glass with a neighbor on the porch when I went over. Other than that I have not been drinking every night like I was before. Since Jan those have been the only two incidents. (New years resolution)

So I told my husband in Jan not to buy me anymore wine. since then he has done it three times. I get upset with him and usually end up giving it away or pouring it out. Tonight he does it again. Why does he do it when I am trying to stop having bad habits?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• he probably does not see it as a bad habit, it is said that one glass a night can be good for your heart. I would think he doesn't understand your motivation behind and wants to see you enjoy yourself.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 9:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Red wine is good for us. Only in moderation though.
    Anonymous

• Maybe he likes you tipsy/drunk? lol...i'm just saying...
    :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Men are dumb and maybe he thinks that you like it. It's like when they give you chocolate when you're on a diet. They think they're being nice and giving you a little something that you like but in reality they're messing everything up.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 9:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• rolling on floorHa ha....I bet he is doing it to get some sex....Men!!! Thanks for clearing that up.

Anonymous

• Sort of like idiots that buy us candy when we try going on a sugar free diet!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• having chocolateoops, I didn't see someone already said that!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I can understand giving up liquor or beer, but a glass of wine nightly is actually not bad for you and it isn't going to be cause of weight gain if that's why you're giving it up. Beer and liquor, yes, but wine... Unless you're drinking a bottle a night and getting drunk, then I don't see why you wanted to give it up. I MISS wine, but I'm pregnant so I had to give it up.
    Anonymous

• Maybe he thinks you're acting differently and he doesn't like it?
    Anonymous

• My husband has done the same - I am staying away from sugary foods, sweets, & junk and then he'll buy a crapload of all my favorite junk foods....gosh it really really really pisses me off...his intentions are good, but I have had to remind him not to do it a few times...since then - he hasn't done it again. Men just don't "think" sometimes...they just kinda go with habit....
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 12:12 AM on Mar. 27, 2010