how do i take my son's tooth out more easier

my husband is having trouble with my son to take out the tooth that's ready to fall out but this boy is giving him trouble, what do u recommend?

cataquiroz24

Asked by cataquiroz24 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• we video'd the whole process... it took away the tears and made it fun and special. We took dental floss and wrapped it around the back of the tooth then crossed the front pieces. If you pull the pieces straight out it will cut through that last little bit of gum holding the tooth in. do it fast and hard... the tooth will be out in the blink of an eye.

Anonymous

• Leave it alone. The new tooth will push it out. No need to force it and cause him pain and traume. I promise it will come out on it's own. Mine did, i refused to let someone pukll them out.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:04 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Just leave it until it falls out. It is not going to fall out in the night and choke him. Why chase him around and cause trauma. KWIM?
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:04 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• *trauma , its, pull.....wow, I cannot type tonight.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:05 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• the reason were doing it it's bc he's been crying that he wont eat bc it hurts and there's just the little point that's left.
    cataquiroz24

Answer by cataquiroz24 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Well, still, he won't starve. Tell him: " Stop crying. Either you let us pull it with no fussing or you stop whining and wait for it to fall out. Those are your two choices."
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:13 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I agree with BradenIsMySon, tell him to suck it up and let you pull it. you're the boss after all.
    Anonymous

• I agree, he won't starve. Let him wiggle it out, that's what I did with my son. When his first tooth was loose he wanted it out because it was "bothering" him but he didn't want me to do anything (I was kind of relieved because I didn't want to do anything, blood grosses me out!!!!!!)....he pulled the "well I can't eat because it hurts." I said "Okay then you will eat when it comes out." I told him he could wiggle it and maybe it would come out....he gave in and started playing with it and out it came.
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2010