I need some advice

Ok, so I'm saving up to by an i-pod for my fiance for father's day. A friend of his has one that he can play casino games on and do all sorts of stuff. I've looked a little online at the i-pod touch, but it got some really bad reviews at bestbuy.com. The nano got better ones, but I don't think you can do the games. I also looked at the Sony version, which uses Windows media, which I really like since I hate itunes. I've got to be honest though, I'm REALLY lost!!!
Anyone have any helpful tips? What are the good and bad things you've experienced? Please include the brand and style of the player you bought. Thanks ladies!

Megs5384

Asked by Megs5384 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Shopping

• hi
    myfriend797

Answer by myfriend797 at 10:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• why you know justin bieber because he is my friends .
    Anonymous

• Dear Lord, is it really so hard to just move on if you have nothing relevant to say? Anyone have any real answers??
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Is your fiance into electronics? My husband is and I have to tell you that from experience, if I ever want to buy him ANYTHING electronic, I just let him pick it out. He did have the iPhone, which is basically the iPod Touch, only a phone as well...he LOVED it...til he lost it. Anyways, if you don't want to let him in on your plan, maybe talk to a buddy of his or you could just go to Best Buy and talk to the people that work there. Find out what he'd use it for...mostly music or games? Then choose which would be best.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 1:24 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 8:13 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• No, he's not that big into them. He'd be even more lost than me! lol He's been wanting an mp3 player since we bought our daughter a little RCA one that cost $30. But then he saw this one that his friend from work has and they sat in the back seat of the car on an outing and they played casino games the whole time! I think his friend has the i-pod classic (7th generation) Which got ok reviews. But I also don't think he'll end up playing the games as often as he thinks he will. I do plan on going to best buy and getting some help, but I also don't think that they will tell me all about the negative reviews! So I want to do research on my own first.
    Thank you to both of you who gave real answers! I'll check out the consumer reports page right now!
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• My husband has an iPod Touch and he likes it a lot. I read your question to him and he was shocked about the bad reviews from Best Buy and he said, "I bet it's people saying why not just buy an iPhone." What exactly were the issues people were having? The only other thing he could think that people would complain about is that you can't change out the battery, so once it's dead you either have to pay like $70 at an Apple store to replace it or get a new one. Unless you are a computer geek kind of person and do it yourself. I got my husband his iPod 3 years ago and the battery is still fine, btw. We were actually at Best Buy today and looked at the iPods and the new Nano does have games.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• There we're tons of complaints about the screen going white and nothing besides sending it back to the factory worked to fix it. Also, the apps would freeze up and not be usable. Slow response time for some of the features. Wi-Fi almost impossible to use because it would keep changing which hot spots it was using, or would take forever to connect. If you go to the best buy website and then search for the i-pod touch, then click the review tab and then in the drop down menu where you can change the order of the reviews, do it by ratings- lowest to highest. There's two or three pages of bad reviews. I do have to say, there are just as many good ones though. I'm glad to hear that your hubby's has been a good one. And thanks for letting me know about the nano having the game capabilities! I think that's the one I'm going with.
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 1:19 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• oh, the reviews I've been reading are for the 8gb 3rd generation. The 32 and 64gb ones got different reviews. That may make a difference. I'm not sure what one your hubby has.
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 1:29 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I think he has the 32 gb one. I know it's not the 8. He's never had any problems, though. I also don't know which generation it is. I bought it in 2007.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:21 AM on Mar. 28, 2010