Why do Christian holidays require everything to close but any other religious holiday does not?

Sorry, I just realized this and I'm wondering why this is.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 9:33 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• "My opinion if you want to celebrate JEWs and Buddhists and stuff go to the country in which originallly celebrated it! "
    Well, since I am a Pagan with Native American beliefs, can you please point me in the direction of the country that my beliefs would be celebrated in. Cause, last time I checked, that would be here. So maybe the Christians need to step back and give other religions holidays too.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• million dollar question
    Anonymous

• In the US it's any holiday that's officially recognized as a national holiday that banks and lots of businesses "get to" close. No one gets fined for staying open or anything...and it's secular holidays too like Labor Day.
    Anonymous

• Most other religious holidays fall around the same time.
    Anonymous

• Really? Can you confirm that from a Jew, buddhist or whatever else that this is true?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 9:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Oh and MANY holidays have closed business days that are not religious

Anonymous

• What is you effin deal? Why do you always want to fight? You asked for answers YOU GOT THEM
    Oh and YES they DO fall around the same times.
    Go find a new hobby
    Anonymous

• Okay Christmas and Easter everything is closed. I'm talking stores too not just banks and schools and post offices.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 9:40 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• You live in a christian society like it or not. Everything in your culture from the date to common knowledge saying like "good Samaritan". It's everywhere and in your life more than you will ever realize.
    Anonymous

• Go find a new hobby

Why don't you if I piss you off so much. No need to let your panties get in a bunch because of me. Maybe you should skip over every question I ask.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 9:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2010