Should we still take our kids to the theme park?

We have been planning on taking our children to a theme park in our area for a while now. But my six month old has an ear infection, and doesnt seem to have much of an appetite. He is still happy and content, the only issue is he is not drinking his bottles like he usually does. Usually he drinks at least 30 ounces of formula per day, with no issues. He loves his bottles! But to use today as an example, so far he has only drank 20.5 ounces. The weather is going to be around 76 degrees tomorrow, so it wont be really hot or really cold. We were thinking of just rescheduling the trip, and going another day, but with my husbands schedule it wouldnt be able to be anytime in the soon. And my other children will be so disappointed if we dont go. So what is your opinion? My husband and I are still deciding what to do, I was wondering what other opinions were on it too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if he's on antibiotics, and doesn't seem irritable, i would take him. just bring the tylenol and a light hat to cover his ears
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 9:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• i would put him in a hat that covers his ears and have a blast!
    Anonymous

• The poster above had really good advise, what about a family member watching the baby while yall go.. This way you all can ride the rides together instead of them riding and you or hubby staying with the baby..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:00 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I think I'd just take him too- if he's 6 months old he can probably stay in the stroller can't he? I just wouldn't let too many people get near his face -
    I don't believe in keeping kids all caged up when they are sick- just use good common sense. If the baby is getting where he's had enough, then take him home-
    can you take 2 cars so one of you can stay with the other kid if that happens?
    have a good time!
    Anonymous

• (original poster) I thought of that already, but we dont have anyone to watch the baby :(
    Thank you for the advice though.
    Anonymous

• Don't take your child out into an evironment like that if he already has an ear infection. Especially if he isn't eating like he normally does. His immune system is already comprimised by his ear infection, which can lead to him contracting something more serious while he's out. Stay home and schedule the trip for another day.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2010